PDA

View Full Version : NURBS ears

jmBoekestein
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Hello everybody,

This is a tough question maybe, unsure wether it's a good idea to post this in a general technique forum. Here's the thing:

I'm modelling a head in NURBS, I might not stitch everything together before the end, but I want to start constructing the ear today or this week if possible. The progress so far is in my 3d wip. My plan for now is to try and lay it out in sketches to plan how the surfaces will be constructed, then I'll progress from there and wing it if an unforeseen problem occurs. My question to you is do you have a better idea to build an ear in NURBS? It must not involve dragging vertices, because the rest isn't rebuilt yet to the final iso resolution. It must be curves based, which I then use to build the surface. This also allows me to make an extra back up from which I can easily return to the splinecage if anything goes wrong or if I need LOD's of high quality.

Thanks for your time!

ivo D
02-02-2005, 05:11 PM
take a look at images of ears.. and look at some ear tutorials or whires.. so you can see the flow of the wire.. than just get out the essential shapes and make curves for it.

jmBoekestein
02-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah That was the plan, but the ears are for my nymph, they're not realistic. But I think the same applies everywhere. I'll start plotting out shapes tonight. And see where I end up.

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.