PDA

View Full Version : my one minute reel!

Awesome_Dave
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi all, I recently edited together a minute-long reel of work that i've done (modelling, animating, bits from an advert i worked on a month ago)

http://www.certaindoompossibly.com/showreel2005big.avi

its only 5 meg, so it shouldnt take long to download. You'll need the divX codec too.

Please could I have some feedback. I've already read some comments in other threads about still images not being very interesting..so I'll be work toward resolving that!

cheers

dave

ZouhairY
02-01-2005, 05:48 PM
all the work is so good specially the ink 'npaint renders
well done.....

twisztdauthority
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
pretty cool

Awesome_Dave
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
thanks for the comments! was hoping for a few more, but i know at least 40 of you have downloaded it :D

J-Bird
02-03-2005, 01:39 AM
I like it! I could see those things in commercial work. I think the animated female character scene where she's walking (before the guy turns into a tree) could be the opening animation for a morning talk-show. And the character models you have look good. The only things is the buildings at the end, you couldn't really see the textures. I don't know if it was the compression in the video, but you may want to look at the lighting and scale of those shots.

Otherwise, i think it's good material. The reel jumps around a bit too much for me, but mileage may vary elsewhere.

Good job.

The F.O.T.I.
02-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Good Job. I especially liked the model of the samurai-ish character, and the building. A good mixture of different work and techniques.

Awesome_Dave
02-03-2005, 07:08 PM
thanks! the woman walking in front of the tree-man is a clip from a bbc-freeview advert i worked on a short time ago. i think it gets shown on uk tv during morning-tv hours. i've never managed to catch it myself though..
the texturing on the building is a problem..yes..i dont know if i can practically solve that, as it takes insane amounts of time to render. i suppose a new machine would help :)

J-Bird
02-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I think that if this is your demo reel, you could spend the insane amount of time it takes to render the buildings. If it were me, i would render them or leave them out.

Animation626
02-03-2005, 08:01 PM
all good work in the reel, but i liked the box-modeled jump kick alot because of its simplicity and how it mainly focuses on the character animation. good variation in styles.

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.