PDA

View Full Version : "handmade DR"

lllab
02-01-2005, 11:04 AM
hi all ,

i am trying to make some kind of distributed rendersetup for my renderfarm. in cinema it is "handmade", i use netrender with tiled camera (9 or 25) to achiev at least a little help for big gi renders.

for that i have a few questions, maybe someone could help me:

1) is there a psd plugin or some solution to stich those 25 render tiles together after rendered? it is quite a pain in the ass to manually put them together in psd, i just did that...

2) i very often use the x,y setoff in cameras to get untilted perspectives- a very nice feature! is there a way to use this in combination with the tiled camera? because both use the same feature.
i am not able to get one of my normal cameras using setoff to become tiled and still use the original perspektive. they always use the camera settings without my setoff?

i render them all on p4s and xeons so the radiocity result should be the same everywhere, has somebody experience which effects work and which dont?

also is there a logical/ practical way to split multipass images, i have to render the depht pass and the reflection pass to do adjustments?
( this would give me 25+25+25 layers!

thanks for any help!

cheers
lllab
stefan

Srek
02-01-2005, 12:04 PM
1) I don't know
2) No, you would have to create your own Xpresso setup that combines both.
Cheers
Srek

Shane W
02-01-2005, 01:08 PM
lllab, I created a photoshop action to stitch the 9 tile together. Works great. I don't have it on this computer but it's easy enough to recreate.

-Shane

lllab
02-01-2005, 01:17 PM
thanks srek for the info!

ad2) so you also say it would be possible, could you give a hint on what has to be changed in the expresso setup? thanks for a little help;-)

so i will try to drink more coffee.....

cheers
stefan
lllab

ps.:Shane: very good idea, i will try! thanks too:-)

kuui
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
try this

http://kevinxl7.com/Tutorial/

lllab
02-01-2005, 02:54 PM
thanks kuui,

what i found as a solution is using hypas render slicer ( i think hypa posted it)
i had it in my archive, it does exactly the thing in your link, just automaticly per expresso- very nice- so you get slices instead of buckets, but that doesnt really matter.

one problem i still do have is making a good psd action, i am fighting with the actions since the have been introduced. does somebody has a good explenation how to stich slices or buckets automaticly by actions? (p.e for 10 client-slices).

overall it is some ok. kind of temporal solution to split big renders until maxon does a real DR.
just take care to use same type of cpu's.

cheers
stefan
lllab

pestana
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
ad 1) In Photoshop CS there is function that generates from a number of source images a panorama image ! (works really great) (it really dedects which pictures should be stick together )

so you can just select your xxx source images and with a little bit of luck you should get your final :)

File -> Automate -> Photomerge

lllab
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
thanks pestana,

but dont have cs yet, sorry.

cheers
lllab

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.