PDA

View Full Version : Loglines R us!

dobermunk
02-01-2005, 08:20 AM
In reaction to flawedprefect's last post under the "real people" thread, I thought I'd risk bonedaddy's ire and present an alternative plug-line. In advance, I don't know bonedaddy's story, but I love the premise - so I just made up whatever seemed needed to make the story interesting.
In addition, I thought I'd add the plug for my own short film (in progress) Feedback welcome (and needed)!
Finally I thought: Make this a new thread and invite everyone to add their loglines, plugs, whatever - imagined or for real stories - and to crit the ones posted. Anyway, here goes:

Jason Porath's "Ice Scream":

Ice-cream truck driver Greg just doesn't fit in. He knows it, his antisceptic neighborhood knows it, and - worst of all - his hoarde of kiddie customers know it. They make his life a living hell - literally. In their pursuit of world domination, the local dairy mafia unleashes a viral agent on unsuspecting Slumberton and Greg finds himself alone, facing not only his pubescent alienation, but the end of the world!

David Maas' (me) "What Women Want"
Nick loves being a knight! Damsels, peon servants and well... damsels. But when he sets off to win the hand of Wizard D's daughter Ingrid, he bites off more than he can chew. If he can't solve her riddle - and its a doozy - he'll be dragon food! Ingrid's sister Agnes knows the answer, but it seems only his long-abused peon servant can tickle it out of her...

Feedback! More Loglines!

flawedprefect
02-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Dobermunk, now I want to seethis movie. ;)

marchermann
02-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, you really made me want to read the update of Jason's story. Now, where was that thread...?

And I'd really love to read the logline to "What Women Want" from the "long-abused peon servant's" point of view, cause he seems to play an important part, too. ;)

Marc

Bonedaddy
02-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, you really made me want to read the update of Jason's story. Now, where was that thread...?

And I'd really love to read the logline to "What Women Want" from the "long-abused peon servant's" point of view, cause he seems to play an important part, too. ;)

Marc

Um... that isn't how my story goes... exactly... urm.... :)

Heh, cool logline nonetheless.

dobermunk
02-03-2005, 08:03 AM
hehe, yeah - I meant that only as an exercise. Hope that came across, for BoneDaddy's sake. Fun to write!

Marc, give it a whirl - doesn't matter if you make up your own story to do so, take a shot! The peon's name is Lance... I think that's interesting and I'll write one up, too! Logline from Lance's point of view...

think, think, think....

scotttygett
02-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Okay, Dobermunk, here's mine:

Can a twelve foot tall genetically modified snail obtain permission to have another child from the minimum 1,000 post-apocalypse humans whose signatures he needs? His other child was murdered, which is partly how he became a part-time detective; that and he needs a lot of friends, and it's one way to get there.

It's a low budget feature that I've done an outline for. Some of the meat is pretty nice, not just escargot, though I'm sure escargot is great.

dobermunk
02-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Okay, just whipping this together as I write... from peon Lance's Point of View...

"What Women Want" -
Damsels in distress! Adventure and honor! The life of a knight is downright royal! Unfortunately for Lance,the life of a knight's peon servant isn't. But a twist of fate makes Lance the sole person who can save Nick, his master Knight - or not. For the Heruclean feat is no less than to marry the vile witch Agnes - till death do they part. Or else Nick gets fed to the dragon!

(eh, doesn't quite work as well, I think)

Scott: What the...!? :scream:
What's the film called? "Slug Harris and the Genetic Continuum"? "Snail Mama vs the United States of America"? A stop-motion stylistic? LoL!

ilasolomon
02-06-2005, 11:10 PM
It does work, Dave. :-)

I have a story of a real guy too, but the other partner is a fly! and another one with a man and a Deev (ask david what the Deev is!) so they dont count! :-D

dobermunk
02-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi Ila! Whatcha think:

Vast expanses of space... years locked in a stuffy spaceship... the ever-annoying "dog" Doopshi. Moogoo lets no hinderance dissuad ehim, no torture keep him from his quest: to find the sacred Moogoo fruit. It's his destiny! But finally at the end of his journey, his mangy mutt gets other ideas...

ilasolomon
02-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Lol! I keep this for briefing the short, thanx Dave. :) You da man of tale-telling. and the name of the short is: "Quest for the Moogoo, the mystic fruit" ... liked the little change?!

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.