PDA

View Full Version : Opening Corel DRAW in After Effects

Pretorian
02-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Hi!

I received a logo in Corel DRAW (.CDR) format to use in After Effects. It can't open the file format. I tried opening it in Illustrator CS but it only opens till version 10 and I guess this file was made in version 11. How can I import/open the file in After Effects as I don't have Corel DRAW? I tried asking people to save the files in an earlier Corel DRAW version but seems a little dificult to them, don't know why. Is there any way I can work with this files?

Thanks

altered
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM
you can try to download the corel draw demo, and save your file in an earlier version.

Pretorian
02-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks!

But does the demo version saves works? Because as far as I know demo versions doesn't save the work, at least Illustrator works that way.

Else that, any other suggestion?

Thanks

opus13
02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
can you ask the client to resave as a different format?

cgmodeler
02-01-2005, 11:12 PM
I have corel draw, I may help you if you want, why don't you send me the file to my e-mail
cgmodeler@hotmail.com And i will convert it for you to ai or pdf.

Just on the header of the e-mail please mention that you are from cgtalk
Good luck

Pretorian
02-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Opus13: yeah, I asked him but he said he coudn't because he got some problems there. Don't ask me what because he didn't told me. :) But he said he will ask to someone get this in another format and send me, so, I think things are "fixed".

Cgmodeler: thanks a lot man!!! I have never got an answer like your before. Never thought someone could do something like you wanted to do. I'm really thankfull for your attention and help!!! :thumbsup: Like I said to Opus13, my client said he will ask to someone send me in another format. But thanks a lot for your help!!!

All the best guys

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.