PDA

View Full Version : HSDS Modifier questions...

PiXeL_MoNKeY
01-31-2005, 09:44 PM
I am trying to write a script using the HSDS Adaptive Subdivision feature. In the Maxscript help it lists .addDetail length angle which adds the LOD, but in the ui you have access to MAX LOD to limit the number of LOD levels. Is this possible through Maxscript, if so how? Also, what is .setDetailPrecision for? The help file only lists <float>p.

Thanks,
-Eric

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Bobo, or any of you other advanced scripters, do you have any idea about my questions? Any information will be helpful. I am trying to use it to write a smooth script for Clothsims, etc that will only smooth the faces that need it and will work nicely with quads. Currently HSDS adds up to 6+ LODs which is really a waste of unneeded faces.

All help is greatly appreciated,
-Eric

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Come on does anyone have any idea on this? I would really like to get this script to work but need some more information and/or workarounds for the MAX LOD access.

All help greatly appreciated,
-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.