PDA

View Full Version : ik and perspective window?

jgibz
01-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi,

When I select the ik handle of character's arm, I have trouble moving it around. The little box in the center of the translate manipulators, which you grab to move in x, y, and z directions all at once, seems to be facing to the side camera in the persp view. It faces the camera in all orthographic views. This basically makes it so that I have to move the ik in the orthographic views, or use the x,y or z manipulators in the persp view. I might be going crazy, but I remember bieng able to get intuitive control over my ik by just grabbing that little center box in the persp view.

This happens with the translate manips on all selected objects.

I think I must have either done somthing to the way the translate tool interacts with the perspective camera, or my ik is causing the problem. both rp and sc cause the same problem. I'm using maya6 on redhat.

Thanks for any help

jgibz
01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
I restarted and the problem appears to be fixed, If anyone knows the cause of that problem please post,
thanks.

jgibz
02-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I was reading "Maya 6 Killer Tips" by Eric Hanson, and I found out that if you control click one of the manipulator axis of the translate tool, the little yellow box aligns with the plane of that manipulator axis. You can undo this esily by control clicking on the box itself.:)

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.