PDA

View Full Version : reverse foot with four toes problem

stephen_T
01-31-2005, 07:30 PM
hi,i used reverse foot method for my foot setup,those four toes arent pallerle,so the first and fourth toe will offset first.(the two middle toe still stuck to the reverse)when i rotate the reverse foot or translate IK backward . it was casued by first and fourth toe's position are shorter from the ankle joint than two middle toe,so they will move first.would u suggest me a method or new setup to fix it or decrease the offset? thx a lot here i attach some images and a scene file thx

Arcon
02-05-2005, 04:34 AM
simpler is sometimes better :) i wouldn't try to integrate individual toes into a reverse foot control setup. at the end of the control foot you really only need a joint representing the ball and a single toe. if you watch a real foot bend at the ball, only the longer toes stay grounded while the little toe[s] get pulled up as the foot raises, this happens with a single toe reverse foot rig. you can then setup SDKs on the individual toes for custom animation.

seven6ty
02-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Mmm, I dunno, I did a four toed set up and I think it worked out pretty well and was interesting and not too hard to do. It just all has to do with setting up an IK chain for each joint and how you group them all.

JayEdwards
02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Dude

I would re-do the set up but instead I would have the four remaining put into an empty group node thats parented to the ball joint or ankle then just set drive them accordingly. I think it would be much simpler this way and you only need constrain the main part of the foot.

Hope this helps
J

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.