PDA

View Full Version : mix8layer with displacement

Briareos
01-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Quick question, is it possible to use a mix8layer with displacement. If I put the displaced material in slot 0, and assign the mix8, it renders without displacement. There is also no shadingGroup option to assign a displace to the mix8 shader.. anyone have any solutions?

Stahlberg
01-31-2005, 07:07 AM
And if you answer that, Francesca, another related question - I can't see a way to make mix8layer transparent, since the base layer has no attribute for transparency? Or do I have an old version of it, or I'm overlooking something obvious?

francescaluce
01-31-2005, 02:30 PM
HI Briareos, it works also for displacements but those require scalar inputs.. so you'll need a color to scalar conversion and then plug it simply into the displacement slot. here something to deal with colors and suchs... use the colortoscalar before plug the mixer into the displace mr slot.
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=198313&highlight=ctrl_colors

HI Steven ♥♥, you can use a tranp mat and then plug it into the base layer then layer up your material.. or you can use the globaloption->opacity to give a transparency to the whole mixer (mix8layer1.1).

ciao
francesca

Stahlberg
02-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Great, thanks, that worked. (never used trans mat before, had no idea what it was for.)

swag
02-01-2005, 01:00 PM
@francesca
maya crash ... i pluged "mix8layer" output into the "color to scalar" and the scalar output into the displacement node but maya shuts down very fast :) whats wrong?

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.