PDA

View Full Version : Space Girl

CodeNothing
01-30-2005, 01:04 PM
A sketch i did when i was bored. Took about an hour. all photoshop.

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/8950/untitled24ut.jpg

Cadron
01-30-2005, 01:23 PM
OK that is really nice! Why cant i get bored and do something like that (i wouldnt even mind if it took longer than an hour!) When i first looked at the image i thought she had body paint on (the white area) - my bad

awesome work,

Regards - Cade
PS - i thought your character had white body paint on when i first looked at this image!

NOOB!
01-30-2005, 01:59 PM
nice work!

CodeNothing
01-31-2005, 01:12 AM
OK that is really nice! Why cant i get bored and do something like that (i wouldnt even mind if it took longer than an hour!) When i first looked at the image i thought she had body paint on (the white area) - my bad

awesome work,

Regards - Cade
PS - i thought your character had white body paint on when i first looked at this image!

HEHE, yea, i originaly made her suit green and white, but i thought it looked goofy so i changed it to an orange. :)

Raļ's
01-31-2005, 01:24 PM
I like colors used for your sketch

SINISTERMISHRA
02-23-2005, 09:32 PM
I just checked out your website, Very nice work. I'm curious to know if you apply the same real life painting technics to the computer images? Because as I view the image of space girl I notice some foundations of real life paintings. Or maybe you take a different avenue.

CodeNothing
02-24-2005, 02:26 AM
Yea, i try to approach digi painting exactly how i would approach an oil or acrylic. But Digital is much more forgiving and i can change value and color with a few clicks of the mouse, or rub out sections i dont like without fear of messing up.

but yea, i try to keep the basic principals the same. makes the work look more authentic. more honest.

SINISTERMISHRA
02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
I thank you for your reply. I just started working with painter, when I got a tablet a month ago. I found it is strange at first, but the mouse is starting to fade from exsistance. I hope to post soon in wip forum so cits will be most welcomed from you and your friends.

Isurus
02-24-2005, 04:47 PM
hey codenothing, i hate to ask you such a noob question, but i just started painting (never ever painted anything before).

im using painter 9 and my intuos3. you say you can chage the color with a few clicks and make her green suit turn to orange.

well how do you do that in photoshop? did you have her clothes on a other layer and just use the hue/saturation color feature? (CTRL U i think)?

let me know, id love to know that shortcut or method of painting. i need some tips :P

CodeNothing
02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
well theres a bunch of ways to do it. you could go to "select color range" and select only the colors on the suit. you could select the suit with the lasso tool. or select it with the magic wand tool.

once the suit is selected, you could de-saturate it. one it is in a greyscale mode, you could go to "color levels" and make it any color you want. or you could go to "variations" and get the same result.

SINISTERMISHRA- good luck with the pen tab! you should start posting in the daily sketch forum for practice!

SINISTERMISHRA
02-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks, I tried to post in the finished forum, but I was redirected to WIP. So I will post in here and also take your advice and post in the daily sketch.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.