PDA

View Full Version : New to light wave

Mangled Poly
09-11-2002, 06:58 AM
***** 1-11-03 PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO SEE THE UPDATES****

Hey All,
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Lightwave community. I have modeled in Max the past few years however I have just entered into college which happens to teach lightwave… and the teach non-more then the legendary Matt “alaklij” Stoehr. He is an awesome teacher however way to busy helping people who don’t even know what a vertex is… so I am looking forward to coming here for help at times!

Here is a picture of the current project he has given us, designing the classroom chair. It is WIP due to the wheels are not on yet and there are some alignment issues on the bottom moldings.

Now if I only knew how to UV Map in LW 7.5 :lightbulb

Lizard Head
09-11-2002, 07:14 AM
Great Job!!!!

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet here at CG.....

LWROX

Adios
Lizard*

Mangled Poly
09-11-2002, 07:23 AM
Thnx Lizard... Its so nice to see a good rendered model max has issues doing this at times.. even though im very new to render settings this seems to blow away max. Not meaning to start any flame wars.

yon dabuda
09-11-2002, 08:04 AM
hey mangled poly, :-D nice chair :)

you will love the lightwave community.
you should also familiarize yourself with the newtek lightwave forum. http://www.newtek.com/discus/ just click on the lightwave link. its a HUGE gathering there with tons of chat and help every day.
also www.flay.com if you find that you cant do something in lightwave, thats your one stop to find something to let you do it. just search the plugin database.
and then if you're looking for a tutorial, and its not at lightwave3d.com then you'll probably find it here: http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm
also there is http://www.lwg3d.com lots of chat and other good stuff there too.

so have fun.

proton
09-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Chair looks great ...get a cool render of it all finished and get it over to the LW gallery....

UnrealSnowman
09-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Mangled Poly
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Lightwave community
"Welcome in the family" *takes a look at his cigar* and continues* "You're not alone, you know that?.. eh?.. We are ALLWAYS here if you need something done.. You know?" ;)

hehe.. just so that your chair is not lonely, I've added some friends he can play with too: :beer:
(the friends are also both LW-newbies and WIP's.. guess they'll get along nicely!)

Mangled Poly
09-11-2002, 08:14 PM
I see atleast you know how to texture :/

DigitalDeuce
09-11-2002, 10:41 PM
After the current contest, everyone is sure to get a healthy doseage of texuring knowledge.

Rock on!!

SPIDER2544
09-12-2002, 06:56 PM
yea matt is a great teacher im taking the intermediate class there hes really great cant wait to see what the begining class can come up with

and welcome to lightwave

Mangled Poly
09-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Thank You Spider... I would take intermediate but as i said im new to lightwave have been in max for several years... I dont really like this assignment of the "chair" theres isnt really that much detail to have fun with it. The only real detail was in the support piece that i redered.

alaklij
01-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Mangled Poly
Thank You Spider... I would take intermediate but as i said im new to lightwave have been in max for several years... I dont really like this assignment of the "chair" theres isnt really that much detail to have fun with it. The only real detail was in the support piece that i redered.

Not enough detail huh?! Why don't you show everybody your final product. Let all the people here be the judge of your detail.

:)

Matt.

leigh
01-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey :D
Welcome to the LW community! :beer:

And if you need any help with texturing, I'll be happy to help you out in any way that I can!! :D

Mangled Poly
01-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Sorry forgot to post the final renders almost 4 months later... and an "A" into my interduction lightwave class...... here was the final model of the chair...

Mangled Poly
01-12-2003, 10:00 AM
and as for the first class.. a render of the "final" (which was to do an animation of all our models we had made during the year)

Tommi
01-12-2003, 10:08 AM
your chair looks awesome :drool:

Mangled Poly
01-12-2003, 10:27 AM
thnx tommi hows that earth coming?

dark_lotus
01-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Nice Chair!!!

Mangled Poly
01-12-2003, 11:54 PM
thnx lotus

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.