PDA

View Full Version : Modeling a Jacket for animation... wrinkles?

WhiteRabbitObj
01-29-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm building a character that should be pretty realistic. For time reasons, I've decided to model a jacket instead of doing a cloth sim for one. I am, however, doing a cloth sim for the pants. My question is then... what are people's thoughts on modeling in wrinkles in the jacket? Should I just leave the jacket arms flat and texture some faint wrinkles and leave it at that, or should I model in larger wrinkles, or what are some suggestions? And you think I should model the wrinkles, what arm position do you think is best? Straight out, 45 degrees down, or straight down? My concern is obviously that the arms will move and if I have built-in wrinkles, it may look a bit odd, though it may look better than flat sleeves. All suggestions are welcomed.

ivo D
02-02-2005, 06:18 PM
45 degrees down, and modle the wrickles, try to use only quads, you dont want weird deformation, and first make the import wrickles.. make some pictures of people with a jacket on, that resembles it a little.. . same febric.. maybe.

and than look back at the pictures you took. let them stand in your model position, and see wich wrickles are mostly the same.. make those.. and maybe some xtra later.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.