PDA

View Full Version : Reverse foot--sticking problem?

CSutherland
01-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi guys, I'm kind of a beginner at rigging and would like some help with my reverse foot. The problem I'm having is that when I translate the hips up in the Y, to the point where the feet should pick up off the ground, the feet bones stick to the 0 plane.

Right now, the foot itself consists of 2 joints--one for the ball roll, the other for the toe. Then I have a reverse foot set up also. A nurbs curve controls the reverse foot--rotation, translation. Is there some way to make the foot/reverse foot attribute act in a natural way, so the feet bend appropriately and then lift off the ground with his body?

Thanks for any help!

FiendishVegan
01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Hey Chris, its Eugene.

So what are you animating exactly? A jumping character? The only way I can think of to achieve what you're after is a constraint system that you would have to switch on and off for the feet to "follow" the hips or not. But thats only if you need the character to walk or run and then jump. If the character is just standing and jumping then there's a simpler way to rig the character to get the feet to follow. Of course you can always just manually key the feet moving with the hips if all else fails. If you want to email me you scene file (sk8fiend@verizon.net), I can check it out and see if I can figure something out. Talk to ya later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.