PDA

View Full Version : Panic and Falling

jordanMARX
01-29-2005, 04:49 PM
This is a fifteen minute sketch I just did...in reaction to an idea for an illustration I had. Anywho...
...I particularly like the idea of only having the hand of the falling person visable... it sort of makes it a bit more mysterious...
..and that bit of mystery makes you wonder a bit more about the victim then you normaly would.

http://img170.exs.cx/img170/4392/danger3xk.jpg

It's a very rough sketch... I look forward to starting the painting later tonight.

... I think I may need to use the backround to draw a bit more attention to the hand though... or somehow connect the hand to the rest of the piece in more flowing way. Because right now it kind of forces your eye out of the image.. I think. oh well.. This is what sketches are for

stoo
01-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Wow, thats really cool. I like the idea of only showing the hand, i think this is a great pic. Perhaps have a scarf flowing out of the pic to to draw the eye back up to the railings, although I like it uncluttered with just the hand.

Perspective is awesome too.

stoo

jordanMARX
01-29-2005, 08:22 PM
I think the scarf could be a good idea.. or somthing along those lines. Because I'm realizing that I need somthing to show that the figure is falling... as opposed to just ..standing on a ledge that can't be seen..below the picture frame.

Kuckekind
01-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Very cool idea!
But it would better to show a little bit more of the hand and the forearm IMHO. Just to make the hand flashy.
In addition, I guess that the person is trying to grab the hand in a too reserved way. He would look more shocked and "anxious" if the right arm is grabbing, too. ;)

Ognus
01-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Really enjoy it. Finsish! I would like to see this done.

jordanMARX
01-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Thank you for all the comments!
Kuckekind - I Agree that the character would look more panicked and anxious if both arms were reaching for the falling person... However, I think I'd rather have him holding onto the rail with one hand.. It's just the type of person I'd rather draw. A little more timid, I guess.

Here's an update on the sketch!

http://img153.exs.cx/img153/2174/danger7kk.jpg

I realized that in the original sketch... there was no hint as to HOW the character started falling... I figure that hint is the little Bit of Somthing that I was looking for before...
...Anywho! That's all for now! More to come..

Raļ's
01-30-2005, 06:53 PM
The arm of the character which falls should appear, at least the forearm...

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.