PDA

View Full Version : animal extensions

mostyle
01-28-2005, 07:22 PM
hi,

I searching any informatins abaout animal extensions techniks...U know...let real animals speaking with CG....

any information, about for example tracking the animals ans so on...are useful...

thx, mostyle

Fungusmonkey
02-05-2005, 08:18 PM
As far as I know, it's just like adding an extension onto a person or a set. You can either take the footage and carefully match the extension frame by frame (exhausting), or if you have some control over how the footage is shot, request that markers be placed on the animal, and that you have accurate measurements of where the camera is in regards to the animal (distance, what lens they are using, etc.) Then it's just a matter of using tracking software to match the camera and the motion of the animal.

Markers can be several things, but I prefer a small 1 inch by 1 inch square sticker placed on the top of the muzzle, and on the lower part of the mouth (for speaking animals). Then all you have to do is blend the animated mouth onto the existing footage.

Then again, if you're just trying to add a neat section onto your demo reel, just shoot some footage of your dog or cat lying down (they move less) with a stationary camera, so you only have to match one shot and animate from there.

Hope this helps!

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.