PDA

View Full Version : Mix8layer OS X

vectormodeling
01-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Did anyone ever compile or get working the mix8layer MR shader on OS X?. Lots of threads have people posting requests and failed attempts, but they are all pretty old. I just want to ask if anybody ever did get it working in OS X. It looks like such a great shader.

Or maybe there are some alternatives? A different shader that supports layer blending with simple modes, maybe even just multiply?

dynamic duotone
01-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Nope...no luck - never was able to get the source for Mix20Layer either to see if it was just the Mix8Layer problem. I tried compiling it like 4 more times, no luck.

Let me know if you figure it out!

good luck
DD

alexentremont
01-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Nope...no luck - never was able to get the source for Mix20Layer either to see if it was just the Mix8Layer problem. I tried compiling it like 4 more times, no luck.

Let me know if you figure it out!

good luck
DD

Hey, it seems you know how to compile code for OS X, maybe you could try compiling this promising plug-in for creating corrective blendshapes? The guy who wrote it is looking for someone to port it for OS X.
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=205430&page=2

dynamic duotone
01-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Ahh...I wish I was that educated on the process -

I just followed the instructions that someone else put on how to convert the Dirtmap shader and was both successful in converting Dirt Map and Diffusion shaders, but not Mix8Layer unfortunately - but I'm not sure it would with a plugin. Maybe? but I don't know enough about C++ or anything like that.

I was hoping that someone else would try it on their machine with the instructions found in the thread below for me to see if it was just my machine not doing it right...

Here is the thread with the instuctions if you want to try to get that guy to send you the source code and try the conversion with this recipe.
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1373658#post1373658

Good Luck, let me know if you have any luck, that plugin may help me out later.

DD

CGTalk Moderation
01-28-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.