PDA

View Full Version : Cold mountainside

Kuckekind
01-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi there, this is my first posting of a picture. Actually it's finished, but I didn't have the heart to post it in the Finished gallery. There's such an amazing work... :)

I created the picture using a normal pencil. After that I photographed it (I don't have a scanner, hehe) and coloured it in Photoshop using a mouse.
I'm satisfied, but not really happy with it. I have the feeling that something's missing. Would be cool, if you could give me some tips and hints. ;)

http://home.pages.at/kuckekind/Bilder/Cold.jpg

supremo
01-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Nice work! I like your style. It looks like you have a good grasp on the technology - especially considering you're using a mouse! Is this your first picture ever or just the first posting of your pictures? Either way, it's a nice first post.

To really give any constructive tips I'd have to know where you're going with this. Right now it works great as a mock up/comp sort of piece, like for story boards or something.

If you're looking to go more realistic you might want to hide some of the contour lines you have on the ridges and such. I love the look you have right now where you can see the strokes that make up the piece, but you could tighten them up a little bit too. I'm betting you'll love using a tablet if you want to go this route!

anim8it
01-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Very nice start to the image (it retained the nice hand drawn look)! To add more depth, consider adding some atmospheric effects like the de-saturation of color the further it gets from the view point.

Kuckekind
01-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the Comments!:)
I added some light atmospheric effects to the picture. Not much, but it helps a little bit. I leave it like it is, now.
Yeah, I'm searching a cheap, but good tablett atm. I tried to hide the lines but that means to make a lot more details with the mouse -> bad

http://home.pages.at/kuckekind/Bilder/Cold2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.