PDA

View Full Version : THE COMIC STRIP: Topics...

RobertoOrtiz
01-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I had this idea running around my head for a while...
Just imagine if you had a place where you could post an ongoing story,
or a simple 3 panel strip.
Where concepts and ideas that you had can be further explored.

It will all happen here at the Sketch Forum.
More details soon.

-R

Crimsonstring
01-28-2005, 03:02 PM
That would be really cool:thumbsup:

Obear
01-28-2005, 08:13 PM
tHAT WOULD BE COOL :)

RaisedByWolves
01-28-2005, 09:29 PM
You've got my attention.

When can we expect the details?

~Raised

The Gunslinger
01-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Awesome! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while and just haven't found the time. Not that I've found the time to post anything in the Daily sketch recently... :sad:

RobertoOrtiz
01-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Give me at least one week, while I iron out the details.

-R

MettoolMan
01-28-2005, 10:51 PM
wow sounds great! I love making comics and I was supposed to team up with DMage awhile ago to make our own. This sounds like tons of fun I'm sure it's gonna be really popular.

CodeNothing
01-28-2005, 11:32 PM
SAWEET!!! :eek:

J-Bird
01-29-2005, 05:32 AM
I'd love to see what gets posted there. There's a ton of talent on this board. This could be really cool.

Art2
01-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Roberto you're full of cool ideas!
Haven't had time yet to jump on the kidsweek-wagon, although my hands are itchy,
and now you come up with this...
Only had time for lurking and some comments, I think some of you know what that means... ;)

Ilikesoup
01-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I haven't done a comic strip in about 10 years. I can't miss this.

Great idea, Roberto. :applause:

tuzz
01-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Roberto you're full of cool ideas!
Haven't had time yet to jump on the kidsweek-wagon, although my hands are itchy,
and now you come up with this...
Only had time for lurking and some comments, I think some of you know what that means... ;)

That will be an ART(2)Xplosion!!! And I can hardly wait for that to happen :scream:
Roberto: Great Idea :thumbsup:

Art2
01-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Tuzz, haha, I might explode if it goes on a little longer, but what I really meant was...
I'm a dad!! Cool little baby boy, few days old and he already has his own Wacom... snif.

Roberto, can anybody start his own thread where he can develop his comic strip? Something like an online comicbook?

El-Rodente
01-30-2005, 11:29 AM
maybe a comic forum... a little forum off of the daily sketch thread?

RobertoOrtiz
01-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Not necessarily el rodente..
Most professional artists who do this sort of work have to do a ton of DAILY work.
Newspaper illustrators have usually daily datelines. Comic book illustrators are expected to draw at least a page at day (in order to deliver the 22 pages they have to do a month). For example the folks at Pennyarcade.com do great daily work.

To be fair I do understand your concerns el rodente, but it would be done in a way that it would be pararel to the daily sketch forum.

OK this is my idea to keep the integrity of the sketch forum:

We would have only two threads for this.
ONE LOCKED sticky thread called THE COMIC STRIP.
And another OPEN thread called THECOMIC STRIP GENERAL DISCUSSION.

On the locked thread you would see entries in no particular order that contain a comic book page/ daily 3 panel strip / humorous one panel strip. The key is that you would one see on the thread one page for each kind of entry. The type of ongoing work that would be done is at the discretion of the artists.

The idea is to only show the most recent work for each entry. For example if it was a 22 page comic book, you would only see the most recent page. If you wanted to see the previous pages of an entry on the locked thread you would have a click link provided with a particular entry that would take you to their WIP/Critique: 2D, Illustrations and Concept Art (http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31) individual thread. In here you could comment on it and see the PREVIOUS strips.

How do you get into the locked thread to participate?

Good question,
You would have to request on a UNLOCKED THECOMIC STRIP GENERAL DISCUSSION thread your desire to participate, or you could send me a personal e-mail.

I have other ideas to encourage on going participation and to ensure security, but more on that later.

Botom line,
i want this place to become an incubator of talent. I want people to start developing their own concepts and ideas and go out there and kick ass.

I know you guys can.

_R

tuzz
01-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Its a little confusing when I read it, but I believe I understood you Roberto. :)

Congrats Art2!!!

elmasfeo
01-30-2005, 10:14 PM
ok... there are some things I'm not sure about... so, each participant would make a page (or 3 panel strip) let's say each week (each day?)... and all of them have to be connected like a whole story? is there going to be a topic like in the daily sketches and we'll have to develop a story about it or...?

Botom line,
i want this place to become an incubator of talent. I want people to start developing their own concepts and ideas and go out there and kick ass.
hehehe... I liked that line :D, Roberto, you're great, thanks a lot for keeping up this place and taking so much interest on it and keeping it dynamic and interesting, big thanks!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

El-Rodente
01-30-2005, 10:54 PM
is it possible to edit a lokced thread? cause you could put a post in for each person, and then they edit it when they want... though i doubt it would be possible

erilaz
01-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Mmm... this would be nice. I haven't done the comic strip thing for ages!:D

RobertoOrtiz
01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
is it possible to edit a lokced thread? cause you could put a post in for each person, and then they edit it when they want... though i doubt it would be possible
No you can edit a locked thread...
BUT
you can modify a source image.
Illl gice an example soon...

-R

RaisedByWolves
01-31-2005, 12:36 AM
No you can edit a locked thread...
BUT
you can modify a source image.
Illl gice an example soon...

-R

I take it you mean you "can't" edit a locked thread.

And that you'll "give" an example soon.

BWA HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Sorry.
I love you Roberto. Especially for refferencing Penny-Arcade. For that, I am yours forever.

So entrants would be allowed one post on a locked thread, with an image and a link to their own website..... and every update we overwrite the file we posted?
I think that might work. Although I would prefer a sub-foum in the Daily SKetch Forum that has the locked thread and general discussion threads.
Like so:
---CGTalk Daily SKetch Forum
------CGDaily 240 "quote"
------CGDaily 239 "quote"
------CGDaily 238 "quote"
------Vote on Favs!
------Daily Comic Forum
---------LOCKED STICKY: Comic Showcase
---------(discussion threads)

Actually, I don't think it needs it's own sub-forum. A Locked Sticky Showcase in DSF would be fine... I just don't like all the discussion to be in a single thread.

~Raised

RobertoOrtiz
01-31-2005, 04:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/robertoortiz/cgtalk/comic.jpgOk here is sample1.
For this you see a typical BW 4 panel strip shown daily on the comics section of any newspaper strip.

Raised the idea is even more basic

---CGTalk Daily SKetch Forum
----LOCKED STICKY: Comic Showcase
------CGDaily 240 "quote"
------CGDaily 239 "quote"
------CGDaily 238 "quote"
------Vote on Favs!

--WIP/Critique: 2D, Illustrations and Concept Art (http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
--Comic Showcase: 4 Panel Strip: Those Crazy Moderators.
--Comic Showcase: Comic Book: Zylicon Bussom

And to be fair how ofter the strip/comic is up to the artist.

What I had in mind is to do periodic HOUSECLEANING of the locked thread.
One of the requirements for postin is that the artist has to DATE his work.
If the artists has not updated his work in a while, say one month, it will be authomatically be
taken out.

And how does an artist update an image in a locked thread?
Easy, the image is stored on the server of the artist, he just need to overwrite a file over and over.

RaisedByWolves
01-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Sounds good.

I had figured on the overwriting the image for updating, but how do we update the date? Does it have to be written on our beutiful works of art? Or will it be in the WIP thread that it's linked to? Or some third option?

~Raised

(Think I'll start planning now so I can get a spot on the first page of the locked thread when it comes out... Bwa ha haa...)

RobertoOrtiz
01-31-2005, 06:24 AM
the date should be posted as part of the image.
A good place would be besides the title like in the sample
I posted above. (Check the update)

-R

El-Rodente
01-31-2005, 08:40 PM
ah
the whole overwriting thing doesnt work so well in photobucket :( it replaces it with the original if you upload a new photo with the same name after deleting the original

it seems to stay on the server for a bit
so you'd have to like, wait for a while with it just gone

:(

edit: heh, always the naysayer eh?

RobertoOrtiz
01-31-2005, 08:57 PM
On thing I am still deciding is if we will have any sort of competition to encourage
participation.

-R

RaisedByWolves
02-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Well, you could decide what's important for your talent incubator, and have competitions on those aspects.
for instance:

Award #1 - most regularly updated comic
Award #2 - voted favortite
Award #3 - Best collaborative effort between artists/writers
(Now I'm just throwing out ideas here)
Award #4 - Most original work
Award #5 - Favorite Stylization to artwork
(I don't think there should actually be this many categories for awards)
Award #6 - Comic most likely to be in a newspaper/comic book store
Award #7 - Best storyline (actually I guess that wouldn't be relevent on a CG forum)
Award #8 - Most polished work
Award #9 - Most Communicative artwork
Award #10- Best art formatting/layout/framing (especially for the comic books)
Award #11- Artwork that most powerfully emits a personality
Award #12- Best Smile
etc.

Obviously, I don't think there should be this many awards. But maybe the top three.
The first one was "most updated comic" originally, but that leaves room for cheating. Because I would just update 20 times in one day with very small things just to get that award. Consistency should be valued over quantity as far as the updates go.
The problem I see is that for there to be competitions and voting, a specified end date has to be set. For these comics, that end date has to be a good distance away (like a month?). But that's a large time commitment for something you want to test.

~Raised

-ps, actually I guess setting an end date is safer for something you want to test, because if it doesn't work out, you can just not hold another one, and won't have an active thread floating around that some people are still working on.

~Raised (Again)

bealobo
02-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi!
I think it is a great idea.

about the contest and so, the problem that raised said about people needing a month to last their strip... Maybe we should make a first test without contesting, or maybe just a "the best strip within two weeks" or something. Justo to make the first test to check about the updates and the flow, and once this is done to make the real contest with tons of categories (or maybe just a couple of them heheheheh)
:D

cheers

RobertoOrtiz
02-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your input guys.

It is very usefull.
I have another question...

How do you guys feel about having preset topics?

-R

MrTinkertrain
02-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Comic Idea: GREAT!! should be fun to watch and participate

Preset Topics: Not sure what it means, maybe like series of topics?? for example the topic 'where are they now?' but with different characters? if this is it, I guess should be cool too.

RaisedByWolves
02-02-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it's dependant upon what the time-frame of the first run is.

If it's a week or two, then pre-set topics might be a good idea. For less involved projects, I think people are more comfotable taking an inspiration and running with it then they are creating something from absolutely nothing.
Conversley,
If it's a longer project, I wouldn't recommend pre-set topics. A month is a long time to work on something that isn't your idea, especially if you didn't really like the inspiration to begin with. For a month project, I think people can bite the bullet and spend a day creating a personal idea of their very own. They'll be more committed to a spawn of their own.

What is it looking like at this point? Short-term? Long-term? I'm curious.

I do like the challenge of taking an inspiration and doing the very best that I can with it, trying to make it my very own take of it, but eventually, I'd like to create a comic of my very own, sans pre-set topic.

~Raised

RobertoOrtiz
02-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Honestly I want to start this puppy running this month. The input of all who have contributed is invaluable.

As soon as I have a break I will post some preliminary rules.

Having said that...

We need topics.
Any ideas?

-R

Cut-Me-Own-Throat-Dibbler
02-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Im looking forward to this already. It should be great fun :)

erilaz
02-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Comic book topics? Hmmmm....

- A cgtalk comedy based off the "Worst Comments 2" thread
- Something involving gothic twins
- A girl wakes up with a bomb embedded in her thigh
- A 40 year old beggar decides to fight crime
- A forensic pathologist finds something unexpected during a routine autopsy.

Grey Man
02-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Topics, eh? I've got a few knocking around.

~A teen superhero team that doesn't work well together
~A comic centered around the use of magic by students
~The chronicles of a world where aliens are slowly taking over the culture through technology
~The continuing "adventures" of a group of thirteen year-olds (perhaps most hated of all ages) in midwestern america.
~A strip showing the trials and tribulations of being and "evil genius" (though I have this sneaking suspicion that this comic strip already exists)

I have some other ideas too, though they are really too specific. What I wanna know though, is what people have in mind for what these strips will be. Do people have serious ideas? Fantasy, sci-fi? Or are people more leaning towards the humorous strips?

RaisedByWolves
02-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Specific Comic Ideas:
-A superhero from a crime-fighting league wishes to quit and have a normal life.
-Child has imaginary friend until adulthood, can't tell anyone less they think him insane.
-Rough and tough Archeologist finds the true origin of man.
-This Ass-kickin rave-clubbing gothic Girl wishes to date this shy goodie christian Boy. Love story. Subterfuge.
-Abomination of nature and terryfing monster is very polite and wishes to contribute to society. Gets Desk job.
-Person, whom someone is trying to kill, boards an expedition across the carribean.

General Comic Ideas:
-Heaven and Hell
-For love or for Money
-Preventing a horrible mistake
-War/conflict
-Research facility
-Living two lives at once
-Guilty by Association
-Espionage
-Post-Apocalypse
-Rags to Riches
-Dipping in and out of Reality
-A Seperate world that isn't real.
-Mistaken Identity

Abstract Comic Ideas:
-Validation (What gives someone validity? What gives someone worth?)
-Consequence (living with them, avoiding them, doing you're best not to create them)
-Endurance (how much can one person take?)
-Redemption (Can someone fix the mistakes they've made?)
-Suspicion (it can undermine all rationale)
-Abomination (what makes a monster?)
-Forgiveness
-Lineage
-Self Denial (can our intellect overcome our more primitive faculties?)
-Corruption
-Respect (too little or too much makes society fall apart. The demand for respect makes monsters of men)
-Truth

Kirt
02-03-2005, 07:14 AM
Roberto - Love the idea of a comic project. But I'm not sure I'm buying into this regularly updated thing. I'm in the pool of people who can't seem to find regular time to work on art projects. Work keeps my schedule in a constant state of chaos.

Here's another idea ... the folks over at eatpoo.com tried a comic book collab thing which focused a whole book around a common theme. The artists did their own series of pages or collaborated with another to do the pages (i.e. a writer, penciler, inker, color, whatever). Each submission was 3 or 4 pages and had to begin and end on the theme.

Their theme was coffee. So panel one and the last panel was a coffee cup. What's in-between was up to the artist to decide. Unfortunately, the project didn't get more than a few participants.

What would kick-ass is if we could do something similar and in the end have the comic available to order at cost (www.lulu.com prints color - www.cafepress.com prints B&W) to anyone who wants a copy or two. Price is set just to cover the expense of printing so no one is gaining from it.

Art2
02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Roberto - Love the idea of a comic project. But I'm not sure I'm buying into this regularly updated thing.

Here's another idea ... the folks over at eatpoo.com tried a comic book collab thing which focused a whole book around a common theme. The artists did their own series of pages or collaborated with another to do the pages (i.e. a writer, penciler, inker, color, whatever). Each submission was 3 or 4 pages and had to begin and end on the theme.

Both are cool, maybe we could do both and people can choose what they'd like to do.

RaisedByWolves
02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I thought regular updates was the whole point of attempting a comic project.
I think it's possible, we got some committed artists who frequent here and give a good two hours a day to the Daily Sketch. Surely something like seven to ten updates is feasible for a two week project.

~Raised

Ilikesoup
02-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your input guys.

It is very usefull.
I have another question...

How do you guys feel about having preset topics?

-R

Hmm. . . I've got characters that I want to use in these comic strips. For topics, do you mean "here's a situation to put your characters into"? That sounds like fun and we'd be able to build continuity into our strip. If we have to do superheroes one day and folks in an old age home another day I'd find it difficult. Of course the topics could be suggestions, where everybody has the option of doing their own thing -- like how if we don't have kids we were still able to participate in Kids' Week.

Ilikesoup
02-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Possible topics (a nice assortment of superhero and lifestyle comics):

Can I borrow a cup of sugar?
These are not my tights!
Do you have any job openings?
We're outta beer!
When do the girls get here?
How do you get blood stains out of lycra?
Am I drunk or is there kryptonite in here?
But I thought you loved me! :cry:

Taking Kirt's suggestion, what if there's a daily punchline?

El-Rodente
02-03-2005, 08:54 PM
i think the set punchline and a freeform comic in the panels beforehand would be ace

also, maybe have a constant discussion/critique/wip thread, and a weekly submission thread?

drawMonger
02-07-2005, 02:55 PM
hey Roberto! I'm in with an idea for a comic strip. In my particular cirumstance I would be able to contribute maybe three-four panels a week, but would not like fixed topics. Cheers!

Alice
02-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I thought that Kirts idea sounded a wee bit more... simple.
I mean, we have to admit it, we are all a bit dumb sometimes :p

Just the action of finding my way to the sketchgroup took some time.
I would love it if there where a topic like kirt suggested, and would incorperate it into my own webcomic for sure.

Cheers!
/Alice

mahir
02-09-2005, 05:25 PM
HI GUYS! It's been a heck of awhile!

Bumped into this thread link over at General Discussions and WOW am i SO looking forward to this one. My attempts to do the comics thing has been on and off (actually mostly off) for awhile now and this could be the push i need. Of course i don't have to state how irregular my contributions here can be. Trying to keep it regular can be tough.
I like Kirt's suggestion for what's it's worth. And i'm keen on the collab concept (sign me up for some artwork!).

Swizzle
02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Bumped into this thread link over at General Discussions and WOW am i SO looking forward to this one. My attempts to do the comics thing has been on and off (actually mostly off) for awhile now and this could be the push i need. Of course i don't have to state how irregular my contributions here can be. Trying to keep it regular can be tough.
Definitely the same here. I have some characters that I've been playing around with for a few years now and I really want to do something with them, but I've never really found time for it.

I think this is a great idea, and I've been wanting to try my hand at posting some stuff in the Daily Sketch Group. A specific puchline would be really cool, and I think it could work even better than preset topics or possibly work well with the preset topics.

Are we just going to do black and white dailies? What about Sunday strips, are they going to be different? Can we color them all if we want to? What kind of restrictions are there going to be on characters or content or the like? Is this going to have a set goal for the future, like making a cohesive comic book like Marvel and DC ones?

RobertoOrtiz
02-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Are we just going to do black and white dailies? What about Sunday strips, are they going to be different? Can we color them all if we want to? What kind of restrictions are there going to be on characters or content or the like? Is this going to have a set goal for the future, like making a cohesive comic book like Marvel and DC ones?

The idea that I have is to give as much flexibility as possible.
I want you guys to be able to do any type of comic.

The rules will be simple.

A montly topic will be picked,(For example: The Fight or RED ) and it has to be covered on at least one panel in the strip.
Using ongoing characters will be encoraged,but it is not a requirement.
All the characters have to be original creations.
When doing a comic book, please only post a page a day.
The artwork can be done in any medium, and if you want to in Black and White
Teams are encouraged.
The topics would be limited to the posting guidelines of the forum (My hands are tied on this one) . So no Politics or religion.
All artwork mys have the following words written on them: (c) 2005 YOUR NAME
You may look for inspiration in places like:

The Far Side <<Link>> (http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0836212002/ref=sib_dp_pt/002-5771597-5440854#reader-page) (Single Panel)
Liberty Meadows <<Link>> (http://creators.com/comics_show.cfm?next=1&ComicName=lib) (Daily 3panel BW Strip)
Penny Arcade <<Link>> (http://www.penny-arcade.com/) (Daily Color Internet Strip)
DC Comics <<Link>> (http://www.dccomics.com/) (Comic Book)
Marvel Comics <<Link>> (http://www.marvel.com/) (Comic Book)
By the way tge rules are still in development, so please feel free to comment on them.
-R

Kirt
02-16-2005, 10:58 PM
When doing a comic book, please only post a page a day.Uhm ... yeah. How about a page a week? I think I could do that. :D

I have a comic book idea that's been sitting in my "to do" pile of junk for about 9 years. :eek: I'd love to participate in this one and finally get that beast off my list.

I'm currently converting a Blue Line page to digital. If anyone is interested, I'll post the file here later for use.

RaisedByWolves
02-17-2005, 06:59 AM
I really like the rules. Sounds great. Are we gonna get a few days warning before the starting gun goes off?

I really want to participate, unfortunately my updates will be very irregular (last three months of my senior year in college = hectic schedule. sniff sniff.. I miss the Daily sketch so...)

~Raised

Kirt
02-17-2005, 08:22 AM
OK folks ...

I've created the digital equivelant of Blue Line's pro comic page template. This zip file contains a TIF image at 100dpi. You can scale it up to print resolution if you need to. Have fun. :thumbsup:

RobertoOrtiz
02-17-2005, 11:10 AM
It is nice to see you raisedbywolves.
I plan to start this around the beginning of March.
I plan to do like exactly like real comic books and have a
set delivery date, like the end of each month.

I was thinking that at the end of the month we could vote on things like:

Best Writing
Best Story
Best Art
And tally things like

Most Updates
Most Views (IE Highest ratings: I want to keep track on who has been getting the highest number of hits on the WIP thread for the comic...more on this later
and of course...(You did not think I would forget...)

The Comic of the Month
And to answer raised by wolves question about frequency of updates...

Well how often an artist updates his comic will be his responsibility.
My plan is to start form scratch EVERY MONTH and have all artists re-apply to the
"Comics Page" every month. That way the "Comics Page" will be kept fresh.

Keep this in mind.
A monthly comic book has 24 pages. And in order to have enough material for a graphic novel you should need to do 6 issues of a comic.

24 * 6 = 144 pages

This is why most pros do a t least a page a day.

My advice, KEEP IT SIMPLE

If you think you can't to a full comic book, do a 3 - 4 panel
newspaper strip. 5 - 10 updates a month are more than enough in my book.
And if you are going to do a comic book, do short stories first, since they usually have
4 to 6 pages. Think Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt or Amazing Stories for inspiration.

For example Hellboy has some great short-story compilations.
Check them out... (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-5771597-5440854)

Start writing story outlines and start designing characters. the topics will be general enough, that you will have room to move.

I would do a series of character designs, some environment studies, and I would write a one page back-story of your character, for yourself.

For inspiration, and help go to theses sites:

http://www.scottmcdaniel.net/ (http://www.scottmcdaniel.net/)
http://www.scottmccloud.com/store/books/uc.html (http://www.scottmccloud.com/store/books/uc.html)
Later,

-R

Cyanid
02-17-2005, 12:30 PM
yeah! I'm in...who wants to hire me for his/her team? :D

andrewley
02-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Wow this sounds great - the rules seem fine to me.

Roberto you should be given some kind of community award or something - the DSG is kicking ass and this would make this area of CGTalk even more exciting. Maybe we can erect an online statue in your honor :)

vanderwolff
02-17-2005, 05:09 PM
OK folks ...

I've created the digital equivelant of Blue Line's pro comic page template. This zip file contains a TIF image at 100dpi. You can scale it up to print resolution if you need to. Have fun. :thumbsup:

Thank you.....very nice tool for the project!

Ducky Ezzberg
02-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Its nice to see that writing will be getting recognition in a forum thats dedicated to art. In a fourm that's filled with so many amazing artists, it will give some people a chance to stand out in a different way.

RaisedByWolves
02-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Alright. About a two week countdown then I guess. (pulse starts to quicken)

Will each entry be it's own thread in the WIP/2D forum?

~Raised

RobertoOrtiz
02-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Alright. About a two week countdown then I guess. (pulse starts to quicken)

Will each entry be it's own thread in the WIP/2D forum?

~Raised

OK more time for more rules:

GENERAL RULES:

Every month a new thread will be posted on the CGTalk Daily Sketch Forum (http://forumdisplay.php/?f=130) called:THE COMIC STRIP: [MONTH YEAR] "Thread Title"
for example:

THE COMIC STRIP: [March 2005]"The Fight"

this will be the CORE thread where an individual entry for the comic strips/comic page will be posted.

The thread will ONLY contain the individual entries for the participants for a given month. No comments will be allowed on the thread, only entries. If you want to comment, go to the individual WIP thread or the topic suggestion thread.

So when an artitst wants to update his strip, he just post a reply to the thread.

Each entry will have:

Comic title
Image link for the latest update.
Link to WIP/Archive thread.

Ok more rules....

The artwork must be done AFTER the topic has been announced.
WIP/archive thread should be posted on the WIP/Critique: 2D, Illustrations and Concept Art (http://forumdisplay.php/?f=31) forum and should follow the following naming convention:
THE COMIC STRIP! March 2005: MY Entry Name

The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used for each entry.
Collaborative pieces are accepted and encouraged, but Teams entries must have a identifying banner and a name.
Individuals participating in a team CAN have their own individual entries.
The topics will be picked at random from the list on
this >>thread << (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=205932) (The author will be given credit). So
guys keep them coming.
You can add multiple entries, as long as they have different WIP threads.
Only participants who follow the rules and post at lest THREE updates will be elegible for the voting process.

Hammy_W
02-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Aw gee I am SO outdated for not checking this place enough, or threads around in CG Talk. *wave fists at works* The moment I read the word 'comic' this thread already got my attention! However I might take some time to understand how everything works exactly, before taking part! :D I'm having my final year this year so things are quite tight with me lately. :shrug: I shall look forward to this even and try my best to keep up with it as possible as I can!

SO Gonna look forward to this. :thumbsup: Roberto for the awesome idea!

RobertoOrtiz
02-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Ok I am simplifying the rules.... (I had time to think about the rules...)
So tell me guys what you think:

This is an exoeriment to see if the forum can produce Comic book, One panel strip and or Three to four panel strips.

GENERAL RULES:

Every month a new thread will be posted on the CGTalk Daily Sketch Forum (http://forumdisplay.php/?f=130)
called:THE COMIC STRIP: [MONTH YEAR] "Thread Title"
For example:

THE COMIC STRIP: [March 2005]"The Fight"

This will be the CORE thread, created by the moderator, where every participants individual entries for the comic strips/comic page will be posted.

The thread will contain the entries for the participants for a given month (as replies to the thread). Please limit your posting to a page a day.
The idea is that if you have a 5 page comic, you post 5 replies to the thread on diferent days.
Comments will be allowed on the thread.
In short when an artist wants to update his strip, he just post a reply to the thread.

Each entry will have:

Comic title /Page ID
Image link for the latest update.
Link to WIP/Archive thread on the WIP/Critique: 2D, Illustrations and Concept Art (http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31) forum.
WIP/archive thread should be posted on the WIP/Critique: 2D, Illustrations and Concept Art (http://forumdisplay.php/?f=31) forum and should follow the following naming convention:
THE COMIC STRIP! MONTH YEAR: MY Entry Name
The artist should post his previos stips on his WIP thread. But besides that, he can post anything he wants on the thread. If he wishes to he can post production sketches, character desings and wip art pages.
and some more rules:

The artwork must be done AFTER the topic has been announced.
Collaborative pieces are accepted and encouraged, but Teams entries must have a identifying banner and a name.
Individuals participating in a team CAN have their own individual entries.
The topics will be picked at random from the list on
this >>thread << (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=205932) (The author will be given credit). So
guys keep them coming.
You can add multiple entries, as long as they have different WIP threads.
A montly topic will be picked,(For example: The Fight or RED ) and it has to be covered on at least one panel in the strip.
Using ongoing characters will be encoraged,but it is not a requirement.
All the characters have to be original creations.
When doing a comic book, please only post a page a day.
The artwork can be done in any medium, and if you want to in Black and White
Teams are encouraged.
The topics would be limited to the posting guidelines of the forum
(My hands are tied on this one) . So no Politics or religion.
All artwork mys have the following words written on them: (c) 2005 YOUR NAME
At the end of the month a special VOTING thread will be created.

We will vote on things like:

Best Writing
Best Story
Best Art
And tally things like

Most Updates
Most Views (IE Highest ratings: I want to keep track on who has been getting the highest number of hits on the WIP thread for the comic...more on this later
To be able to be accepted to the VOTING thread you have to post a minimum anount of work :

One panel strip (At least 5 updates)
Three to four panel strip (At least 5 updates)
Comic book (At least 4 pages OR a finished story )
Keep this in mind.
A monthly comic book has 24 pages. And in order to have enough material for a graphic novel you should need to do 6 issues of a comic.

24 * 6 = 144 pages

This is why most pros do a t least a page a day.

My advice, KEEP IT SIMPLE

If you think you can't to a full comic book, do a 3 - 4 panel
newspaper strip. 5 - 10 updates a month are more than enough in my book.
And if you are going to do a comic book, do short stories first , since they usually have
4 to 6 pages. Think Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt or Amazing Stories for inspiration.
Good luck

-R

andrewley
02-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Those rules seem fine to me Roberto. I'm itching for this to get started. With all the fresh talent in the DSG at the moment, I'm sure we'll see some very cool stuff.

Swizzle
02-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey, this is great! I'm practically itching to get started.

I have a question about one of the rules, more of a clarification really. When you say that we'll do a WIP/archive thread, do you mean that we'll post the work in progress comics in a thread as well as the finished stuff we've already submitted, that they'll both be in the same thread? So, this means that we'll have the sketches, inks (or however somebody does the line work and shadows), colors, text, etc. in a thread and then post the final version in the same thread as well as in the "THE COMIC STRIP..." thread in the Daily Sketch Forum?

RobertoOrtiz
02-20-2005, 07:50 PM
swizzle stick the way i see it, the artist should have FULL control of his WIP thread.

The way I see it, the Artists controls their own WIP thread and the Moderators control the Topic and Voting threads.

-R

DMageXVII
02-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Heh, i can't wait!
Do you have any ideas when this topic will take off? I'm quite anxious to begin!

I also want to personally thank you, Roberto, for your involvement in the community. It really makes CGTalk all the more enjoyable!

Thanks again,

DragonMage

RobertoOrtiz
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for your kind words...

Ok. I will start the ball running right after the FUNDAMENTALS thread is done.
BUT...

In order to give all of you a one week head start, (and have material ready to be posted the first official day) I will post the first topic
for the comic thread tonight.

So keep looking back to this thread.

-R

RobertoOrtiz
02-23-2005, 04:48 AM
Before I post the topic, I have been meaning to post a list of comic book/comic strip artists and illustators that should inspire us...

Kinda like a very high target to aim to.

Here we go.

Graphic Novels

Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed)
Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Nausicca and the Valley of the Wind)
Jean Giraud Moebius (Airtight Garage)
Comic Books

Berni Wrightson (Swamp Thing, Frankenstein)
Frank Miller (Sin City, Ronin, Dark Knight Returns)
George Perez (Crisis on the Infinite Earths, Wonder Woman)
Alan Davis (Cap Britain, Excalibur)
Jim Lee (X-men)
Neal Adams (Brave and the Bold)
John Byrne (Superman)
Mike Mignola (HellBoy)
Daily Strips

Berkeley Breathed (Bloom County, Opus)
Gary Larson (Far Side)
Charles Schulz (Peanuts)
Quino (Mafalda)
oh and as promised..
the topic for the comic challenge will be:

"Sins of the Past..."

DoInferno
02-23-2005, 05:08 AM
Ok Roberto, donīt go thinking iīm dumb or anything, but i would like to check if i got things straight.

So, the topic will be "Sins of the Past...". Am i supposed or at least alowed to get this character i was creating, and put him on a sort of four square strip on this topic, and on the other week put him on another topic you are going to chose for us?

Would i have my character, but the topics will always be those you are giving us? Or shouldnīt i have one character and go from zero at each topic? Or should i have my character and do whatever i want with him, huahuaua! (...)

=]

RobertoOrtiz
02-23-2005, 05:18 AM
No you have total control of what you do with the topic.

Once a month the topics will be picked from the topic list thread (like in the sketches).
The main diference is that in this case the subjects will be montly topics.

The idea is that during that month you should cover the
topic AT LEAST ONCE on your strips/ comics.

Hell even a dialog reference is enough. But on the other hand, if you wish to,
you can base your volume of work for that month ON TOPIC.

-R

Kirt
02-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Hmmm ... I'm going to have to think about this one for a bit. Such a heavy topic. Couldn't start with something simple like "red" huh? :D

AcidArrow
02-23-2005, 01:28 PM
The topic is fine... There are many ways that it can interpreted, so it can basically fit into any kind of storyline/style we want. Actually, I'd want the rules to be a little stricter, to force put our characters into certain situations. It would be a good challenge. Then again, that would limit the artistic control.

I'll attempt to join "The Comic Strip", even though this will be my first contribution here, I think I'll give it a shot.

Supervlieg
02-23-2005, 01:35 PM
How about using "Azrael" as a theme? ;)

RobertoOrtiz
02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
How about using "Azrael" as a theme? ;)
Ok, it does sound cool.
I just hope we get a very cool comic out of Enayla.

-R

augustus
02-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Enayla already has a very cool comic about Azrael and her.:)

Altough I have five episodes already:p, wouldn't it be so hard to make a comic about Azrael the cat, which (who) we know almost nothing about? "Azrael" (not strictly teh cat) could be a cool topic though.

Kirt
02-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, if you're going to change it, do it soon. I think I've already decided on a direction to go with "Sins of the Past ..."

I'm practicing with some character sketches right now. :wip:

yonna
02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
I like the theme "sins of the past". You can go any direction with that. The theme Azrael is too specific and its also a bit.. how do i say this friendly.. as if its Enayla's birthday.

RobertoOrtiz
02-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Sins of the past it is....
:)

Loulu79
02-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Roberto, that's like ... handing creative-hungry illustrators a chance to become very well known and getting the practise to live to that reputation...thus more opportunities to be open. That...I think that idea...was done way back at the beginning of comic strips itself. Only in an updated CG version. What Luck!!!:D

Enayla
02-24-2005, 12:50 AM
Sins of the Past certainly sounds more versatile, thanks for thinking of me though :}

Am going to love watching this. I don't think I'll have the time to participate though :|

RobertoOrtiz
02-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I don't think I'll have the time to participate though :|

Well that animated gift that you made for the Avatar Fight Club: Part 3/ CIVIL WAR!"
would be a perfect first cartoon.

-R

norvman
02-24-2005, 04:02 AM
So now when do we start posting WIP for the current Theme (Sins of the Past) ? any time or have you fired the starting gun yet Roberto..... :bounce:

RobertoOrtiz
02-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Next week....

-R

DoInferno
02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
More questions my friend. I would like to have things straight, since iīm starting to work on my idea.

Let me see. will i have a WIP, with my name, were i shall put all the strips i create? Or will i have a wip, with my name, per month with the strips of this month?

Will you give us a theme per month, but we are suposed and/or allowed to talk about the theme and others subjects inside this thread?

Wonīt this thread be kind of a mess because they will have a lot of ongoing paralel historys and comments at the same time?

---

Suppose i have a strip about a guy that delivers pizza. Of course iīll try to put this guy on the theme you will give us once a month, but were will i post the others strip with the adventures of the pizza guy?

If in the wip, i have those questions above, but something else has to be putten; Wonīt my wip dissapear after a few posts from the other users of the wip session?

Iīm sorry man, i read all the posts till now, but iīm still confused...

Kirt
02-24-2005, 06:23 AM
DoInferno - As I understand it ... (wait for Roberto for final answer - he's running this one) ... I would open a new thread in the 2D WIP section for all of my pages, panels or WIP images that I'd like feedback on. When the new monthly theme is posted, I'd post my finished pages or panels in that thread (I believe it's going to be within the Daily Sketch forum).

I'll probably continue working on my pages within my WIP thread and at the end of the month or end of story (whichever comes first) I'll post all of my pages together in the theme thread. This way the pages will stay together and not be interrupted by other's entries (easier to read if you're doing a sequential thing).

Then when a new theme begins, I would then continue on with my WIP thread. As there is realy no reason to open a new WIP thread each time a topic is announced. Easy for other members to find all of your cartoons, the threads have a logical history from oldest to newest, and all discussions about your cartoon are there to browse.

The WIP thread is yours to manage ... the theme thread will be a collection of finished cartoons, member's congradulatory comments and announced winners.

Hope that's what Roberto has in mind. :D

paperclip
02-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Sounds like good craic, count me in! I already have an idea for a storyline. Does anyone have any links to good comic techniques?
I used to have a bit of a comic strip but nothing amazing (when I was 12 actually, it was called Ritten the Kitten and it had a cat in a room with a bare lightbulb, a window and a bed and he had to amuse himself by doing things like turning the fan up......up.....up until the entire frame was blown away.....hey, I was only 11....:blush: Can't wait for this one!

andrewley
02-24-2005, 01:41 PM
I actually think "sins of the past" is a good title but perhaps having a choice of two or three each month could encourage participation. After all it is a theme that has to inspire the artist for a whole month. Different artists look for different things in the themes.

RobertoOrtiz
02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Yep what Kirst said is what I had alwas on mind...

:)

I actually think "sins of the past" is a good title but perhaps having a choice of two or three each month could encourage participation. After all it is a theme that has to inspire the artist for a whole month. Different artists look for different things in the themes.

Ill keep that in mind for the next one. Maybe have a "funny Topic" and "a serious" topic.

-R

Swizzle
02-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Ill keep that in mind for the next one. Maybe have a "funny Topic" and "a serious" topic.

-ROh, believe me, "Sins of the Past" has some great "funny" potential. :D

RobertoOrtiz
02-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Guys you can post your INDIVIDUAL threads on the WIP forum

just follow this naming convention:
THE COMIC STRIP! : NAME YEAR : "TITLE" (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=213778)

for example:

THE COMIC STRIP! : Kirt Stanke 2005 : "FORK!" (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=213778)

-R

erilaz
02-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Hmmm... I like the idea for this one. I'm torn between comedy and drama though!:D

Swizzle
02-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Hmmm... I like the idea for this one. I'm torn between comedy and drama though!:DWhy not both? That's what I'm going to try for; I simply can't do serious fiction, so I'm going to do a bit of comedy and a bit of dramatic stuff. http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

By the way, I have a few comic books at home and they were all 22 pages. Is this the average for comics? I think they might all be Marvel comics, so is that a specific quirk to that company? Shall we do ones that are that long if we're going to do it in comic book format? And, as always, did I miss something?

Kirt
02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
swizzle stick - I think the cover and back cover are counted as pages. Should be 24 pages or a multiple of 4 (i.e. 16, 20, 24, 28, etc.). I read somewhere ... will have to find that link again ... that the multiple of 4 is due to the way comics are printed and bound. If you have an odd number you're essentially creating a loose page that will fall out of the book easily.

There's no way I'm going to do 24 pages in a month. I just don't have that kind of time. But, if you can do 24 pages you're keeping pace with a typical comic pro (some do multiple titles ... 48, 72 pages a month?!?) :argh:

Do as many as you think you can finish in a month. I'll be keeping my comic pages in short scenes of 4-6 pages. Hopefully, with a little shuffling or minor additional work I can merge them when I have 24 pages and make a concise comic book out of it all.

Swizzle
02-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the info, Kirt. I figured it had something to do with how many pieces of paper it was made of, but I wasn't sure.

I certainly won't be able to do 20+ pages in a month, and 48? 72? Jeepers criminy! I'd be lucky to get half that many done! I'm thinking more along the lines of something like 12 pages a month. That'd be about three pages a week, and I think I can handle that. After all, I've never done this before.

Roberto, what if we want to do something that's in comic book and daily format? I'm sure I could come up with a gag a day or a few times a week, so what if I wanted to experiment with that? Would that be one of the things I'd probably put just in my WIP thread until I'd decided whether or not I thought it was something I wanted to do?

Loulu79
02-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Swizzle Stick, as soon as you see others doing it, you'll know what to do. You'll do just fine. I too have some inkling queries myself. But knowing me, when I look at others who have started, I will get to say "ohhh...so that's how it can be done...cool!":D

Question! (what can I say, I'm a new born here)
I check the rules and it states that it is okay to [edit] posts, but not attachments. In that case, how do you go about sending stuff (finished or unfinished to be critiqued). I'm itching to show you my work thus far.:bounce:

Swizzle
02-25-2005, 06:30 AM
True, Loulu, I just have this tendency to be very nervous about not knowing enough when there are rules and deadlines involved. This happens with everything.

I think what Roberto wants us to do is post an image URL in [img] tags and then when we have a new page or strip, overwrite the old strip with a new one that has the same file name or something. That way the main Comic Strip thread here won't be cluttered with old stuff.

Supervlieg
02-25-2005, 08:33 AM
All sounds pretty good to me. Although I seem to have lost track of what the guidelines/rules will be. I asume there will be a clear overview once things get rolling. Right? Thankyouverymuch.

RobertoOrtiz
02-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Ill repost them later today...

-

Loulu79
02-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Sweeet:thumbsup: Have a URL Image.

Question! (I always have a question): Does that mean putting up your own website or a free webspace site to put your image? And how you go about putting your images on the web? I am very, very new at this....so please help me.:shrug:

RaisedByWolves
02-28-2005, 02:27 AM
Loulu, I know there are a couple free image servers out there, I can't recall any in particular (maybe someone who uses one can recommend?) but if you check the url on posted pictures in CGTalk you're bound to find one of them.

CGTalk allows you to attach a couple small pictures, but you'll need more than that for a project of this magnitude. You'll have to find some webspace.

I noticed some people are still hazy as to the rules. Well, as I understand it, there are only two threads you have to worry about:

1: A thread in the WIP/2D section. Create one with the naming convention mentioned above. This will be your thread where you have control of your comic. Post your updates here, post WIP's, Roberto said we could do what we wanted there (like if we only wanted to post final pages, that's fine)

2: A thread in the Daily Sketch Forum. Roberto will probably lock this one or delete unrelated posts. In this thread, we get one post. This is where we put the comic name, a link to the WIP thread that has all our work, and a link to the latest update we've done. (We can't change the posts, so the link to the latest update will have to be an image we overwrite on our server side). This thread is meant to be a gallery of the contestants. It is not meant for Comments and Critiques, those go in the WIP thread.

Other rules involve putting the date on all comic updates/pages (see above for exact format). Also, I believe Religous and political material are not allowed. (Which sucks, cause I was all psyched for a angel/demon one with 'Sins of the Past'. Maybe it's ok if they're angels/demons of a non-existant religion? No one gets offended? Anyway..)

And when the time comes, I'm sure voting will be handled in a very similar manner to the Daily Sketch Voting.

~Raised

mybutterflyiris
02-28-2005, 03:16 AM
I really like www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) for image hosting. It's free and easy to use.

DoInferno
02-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Ok Roberto, i have got another question here...

About the WIP trhead, wonīt it be a problem after a while whem my WIP, full of complet 3 panel histories, be found only at page 26...

I mean, people will be posting theirs WIP and our always alive WIp Thread, will receive new histories, but nobody will find it, cause they will be at the end of the WIP session...

Shouldnīt we have a sub-forum, like DSG, only for those Comics strips? It could be something like the Comic Strip Group, were you would only see WIPs of the comics Strips, and wu wouldnīt be competing for space with the WIPs that are not Comics about...

Tell me what you think of it.

You see, my character has a theme involving him, and iīll always try to get him on the theme of the month, but he is going to have 3 panel strips about his life, and they wonīt all be involved with he theme of the month, soo... I would just love if people could easily find him among the others WIP Thread...

And by the way, this mess is already happening... I think itīs already being hard to find the comic WIP among non-comic WIP...

RobertoOrtiz
02-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Give it some time...
And remmember that If you want people to find your comic strip, post it on the CORE thread.

-R

DoInferno
03-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Topic sugestion for next month:

Itīs a wide wide world

Watch your back!

Will it ever be?

Loulu79
03-02-2005, 12:41 AM
How about: "Enigma?":D or "NightWorld"?:D :D :D

Oh & btw: Thanks RaisedByWolves and MyButterflyiris!:love:
I did go to that sight b4...but I overlooked where it said "free"...
Yeah, I do have something to share with you folks...one of my main characters. When photobucket is up and running (cuz it's still running...) I'll let you know what mine is all about...

Okayuknowwhat: I'll show u what he looks like in the meantime...he's just roughly sketched within 4 hours...What do you think so far of my portrayal of him? He's a "tragic" hero...Tragic, bcuz he died ten years ago in the year 2040 in outerspace. Ten years later (here's the irony) he's helping one of his old enemies as a caretaker (He takes care of them). He's not seeking vengeance. He's helping them with their rough spot. In this comic I'm working on, this old enemy has a strange "disease" - his organs one after the other disappear (no symptoms to detect such).

What do you think?:)

bupaje
03-18-2005, 06:16 PM
I liked this last Daily Sketch theme - 'draw your favorite song.' My own efforts was too little, too late but I think one song title I heard might make a good theme ...

Jose Feliciano "Un Ciego No Vive En La Obscuridad"

'A blind man does not not live in darkness'

Spiritt
04-02-2005, 02:56 PM
OK folks ...

Hi Kirt,

I have tried to open the zip file and it seems the file is unrecognizable. After unzipping the file, it's icon is the default "file" icon and won't open in any program I have. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,:)

Spiritt

malcolmvexxed
05-21-2005, 07:16 AM
ideas for topics:

Fall from grace
be thorough
infomercials

duddlebug
06-02-2005, 11:58 AM
More topic ideas...

'Eat your greens'

'It's never too late'

'Where's my slippers?'

'The tide has turned'

'About quarter past three...'

'i'll show them'

um... just thought i'd make some form of contribution. This is the right place, innit?

Rudeone
06-04-2005, 01:24 AM
I was just thinking, maybe it was suggested allready, but what about doing a comic-jam? One comic with a whole bunch o people, one person continues where a previous person left of and so on.
When people want to join they have to sign up somewhere, Roberto can make a schedule when it's your turn to do a page.
I'm thinking one page a week or something, maybe more.
It doesn't matter if styles don't match, it's cool to see all those different interpretations and styles blended together in one comic.
It's completly up to you what you'll do with your page as long as it contineus where the previous ended and it has a cliffhanger for the next person to pick up from there.
Now for a subject I was thinking maybe an RPG kinda adventure staring your avatar, you will get a party of avatars going on adventure, avatars being the bad guys, stuff like that, endless possibilities. Offcource if it would be about ones avatar it would be handy you'd had an organism (nooo read it right!) or robot type avatar (human, animals, robo's as long as it can talk and walk/move around) This was just an idea I had, suggestions are welcome if we would go for it.
Well how sounds that eh? would be cool right?

Swizzle
06-04-2005, 04:41 AM
I've been thinking about something like that for a long time now, Rudeone. It might be neat to turn it into some sort of competition or something. You know, have two teams and let the two teams work completely independenly with a story or something and see which team has a better comic or presentation or something. Doing it so that a specific person gets scheduled to do a page sounds like a really good idea too.

Very few people are doing comics since they take so much dedication. I think that competition and/or all-out chaos should be encouraged, especially since people seem to love stuff like doing comic pages for the avatar wars.

While I don't have any actual topic suggestions, the idea that a bunch of people might be able to jump into a project together and hash it out purely for fun should inspire some topic ideas.

erilaz
06-09-2005, 04:13 AM
For those interested, a 24-hour comic book contest is being held:
http://www.aussiecomics.com/24hr/

No prizes for non-australians unfortunately!

malcolmvexxed
06-13-2005, 06:48 AM
I've been thinking about something like that for a long time now, Rudeone. It might be neat to turn it into some sort of competition or something. but several of the forums have so little traffic that i wonder if 'dividing' things anymore is the solution. The cg film forums for example are very slow and i'd like to think that as artists we're willing to do things for something other than the reward or prizes.

even if we put the comics as a sub forum of say... the collabo forum.

CGTalk Moderation
06-13-2005, 06:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.