PDA

View Full Version : raytrace shadow in GI and FG problem

me_aaeem
01-28-2005, 12:30 PM
good day guys

please refer to my 3 renders for a clear idea regarding my problem.
1)mr with GI and FG
2)mr without with GI and FG
3)mr with GI and FG (plane with shadow map removed)

i use a plane with (color-shadow map,transperency-inverted from color)_i checked the raytrace shadow in the spotlight_increased the raytracing option in mR render globals

i can't seem to render the shadows with GI and FG turned on_it only renders when i turned off both options in the render globals...

really appreciate any solutions or suggestions to this problem...

i thank you in advance...

me_aaeem
01-28-2005, 12:52 PM
here's the scene overview

romeu
01-28-2005, 05:42 PM
have you try to put a mib_shadow_transparancy in the shadow slot of the mental ray atributes in your material shadingroup node?

you can map there your texture too...

me_aaeem
01-28-2005, 11:52 PM
hi romeu

i tried what u suggested_putting for shadow shader in the material SG_the render result is similar that of (3) [pls refer top]...i also tried mapping the color/transperency of mib_shadow_transperency_unfortunately rendered like (3) too...

i'm actually new with maya_i hv a question_is there a [projection map] like 3dsmax in maya lights?

floze
01-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Have you tried turning on the 'Direct Illumination Shadow Effects' option in the global illumination part of your render globals?

romeu
01-31-2005, 11:45 AM
i'm actually new with maya_i hv a question_is there a [projection map] like 3dsmax in maya lights?

you could map the color of the light, you would get this kind of results...

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.