PDA

View Full Version : New reel from the skateboarder animation guy

importon
01-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone. I just uploaded my reel as I'm in the market for a job. Hope you like it...

www.mcanimation.com (http://www.mcanimation.com)

Siriol
01-28-2005, 11:19 AM
The link isn't working.

Zag
01-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Liked?!?

I love it!! Great job on the skater animation, the camera and visual content you put in it Jesus. Awsome.

Nice mixtures of work you got there, i just dunno about the traditional animation. Its obvios you have a strong background, judging by the the rest of the demo, so i think you could take it off. Just by the fact that breaks a little of the visual impact of the demo.

BTW the website, needs a little rework on the layout...

Great work!

importon
01-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I know. I've contacted my host and it should be back up soon. Sorry about that. Oh, and this is my first website so sorry about the simple layout.

importon
01-29-2005, 11:09 AM
should be back up now.

fredlovebot
01-29-2005, 12:55 PM
The skater section was awesome! You captured both the style and the motion very well!
Although I never seen anyone do a 360flip to backside noseblunt bigspin out ;)

Ever tried the same with a human character instead of a cartoon? I bet that look even tastier!

toto poto
01-29-2005, 04:51 PM
this is a very nice work :) the reel seems a bit dark sometimes (maybe it is my monitor?) and sometimes it is a bit repetitive(spelling?), but the style is great and the animations are done very well, too.
regards
thorben

wrench000
01-29-2005, 06:53 PM
This has to be the coolest reel I have seen so far. I love the AC/DC music theme. Excelent animation, movement and behavious of the characters were awsome. Plus the Van Helsing stuff is cool (you worked on that?) If you did awsome work.

okkio
01-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Great Reel. I like the traditional animation. Shows depth in your ability.

I remember being very impressed when you posted the skater animation ages ago. It's always remained in my favourites folder! Good to see it got you places!

Good luck with work!

PixelTales
02-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Great Reel. That skater opening blew my mind. :drool: You nailed that one :thumbsup: I am really new to character animation and your reel is extremely inspiring to me. Is there any chance of you posting or uploading to your site some of your personal progects from your reel in ther etirety so I/we can see the whole story?

Capel
02-04-2005, 09:40 PM
dude, your site is sooooo slow... and nothing's working...

CGTalk Moderation
02-04-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.