PDA

View Full Version : problem importing paths...

pinktwin
01-28-2005, 01:50 AM
hey folks,

so i'm trying to import a path from illustrator but AE doesn't seem to want to. i've even broken my code and ::shudder:: consulted the help menu rather than just screw around until i get it right... and even their simple copy-paste method doesn't work.

so...
how the heck can i import a path from AE that i want to use not as a mask but as a motion path?

thanks!

interference
01-28-2005, 03:02 PM
hi,
the copy paste method should work, but i've also noticed some "bugs" , AE don't want to paste anything, usually restart the softwares solve it. what are your softwares versions ?
to use it as a path and not a mask, select in your timeline the position param and do the paste, i've just try it and it works fine now after a fews "nothing appends when i paste"

roguenroll
01-29-2005, 05:01 AM
yeah, if I remeber its some crazy setting in the prefs that you have to enable, I'll try to look and see if I can remember.

It was something that I thought, I would be pulling my hair to figure that out.

ok quick search, fastest ever, (im sure this has pissed off hundreds)

1. Create your paths in AI

2. In AI, ensure Edit>Prefs>Files and Clipboard>AICB is checked

3. Copy your paths onto the clipboard in AI

4. Paste your paths into AE onto a mask/position keyframe

also FYI, If importing a AI file, you need to make sures its an older format
like Ai v.9 (or something similar)

davpunk
02-01-2005, 01:30 AM
make sure that PDF is turned off as well, it can only import raw vectors.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.