PDA

View Full Version : Curve tool in finalcut

zoc
01-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi everybody,
Do you know the curve tool in photoshop, where you decide the white point of an image?
I have to do the same thing, but in finalcut...but not on a clip movie, but on a sequence images.

Thanks a lot!!!

jwmoebius
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I wish Final Cut had curves to color correct ... but until then you can use the 3-way color corrector to pick the white point of your image.

zoc
01-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Can you tell me how can i use that tool?
sorry, but i'm really newbie to finalcut... :(

jwmoebius
01-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Well it's pretty easy but maybe some of the terms i use are wrong, since I'm on a german version. For picking the white point you just take the pipette on the lower left side of the right hand color wheel and pick a point in your footage that's supposed to be white. Same with black (left hand wheel) and neutral grey (middle). With the wheels you adjust your color tint for shadows, midtones and highlights and the slider underneath the wheels are for brightness of the three. Use some kind of videoscope (i prefer "parade") to be sure you're getting neutral blacks and whites. If you're working for TV or DVD you need to check your color on a broadcast monitor since computer monitors are usually a bit off.
Hope this helps,
jwm

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.