PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Photomodeler?

Samo
01-27-2005, 10:22 AM
To those people who know about Photomodeler, I would like to know what you think about it.
I'm thinking of purchasing one, but I downloaded the demo version and I have some doubts.
I would like to use it for real state of buildings (restoration projects) and photo composition with renders, but my first question is if I need an extra modul to deal with buildings. Seem to be extra moduls available but photomodeler page just talks about the main program.

The second question is that at first glance seems to be a quite difficul program to learn. Does it require rather a great effort to learn it? I'm a full time freelance draftsman, attending english lessons in my free time, practising modelling with my Blender too...

Is It worth the money?

And finally do you know how to apply photogrammetry tecniques without having to buy photomodeler?

thanks in advance...

PsionBlue
01-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Not to make life more complicated, there is also imagemodeler by realviz. Check that out too. There is a demo and it exports out to maya as an obj or maya file with textures (from the photos).

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.