PDA

View Full Version : NEW PLUGIN !!! Corrective blend shapes

BSpirit
01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
It's about four month ago since I started with bspiritCorrectiveShape.mel ...

Learning c++ and Maya API while studying took alot of time but now I'm back with correctiveShape.mll:

--------------------------------------------------
correctiveShape v1.0 for Maya 5.0 / 6.0
--------------------------------------------------

http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape.zip)

http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShapeExample.gif

The standard situation:

You are proud owner of a newly skinned creature or human. Now you get ugly deformations like in the picture above [original]. Ok, lets blend shape a bit. And now the problems start. Because your blend shape should be also moved by the rig you will have to move it beneath the skin cluster. To create a blend shape like above you must be a fortune teller!

The correctiveShape way:

Three steps to the magic ->

First: Press a button or type the command

Second: The command compares world and local position
and calculates a new vector space.

Third: A deformer is created and links the sculpture to
the new blend shape

http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShapeClip.gif

The whole operation takes miliseconds up to few seconds (500k polys) and leaves a realtime operational "translator".

Now modell your corrective deformations to the sculpture and enjoy the results.

- paintable deformer
- integrated interface
- realtime deformation
- full undo support (Maya won't do this automatically :-)

And now: Juhuuuuuuuuuuuuu !!! I finished my first thread and the second post :-)

Aaaaah, I nearly forgot it:

I love big threads and any kind of reply...

Visit www.b-ling.com (http://www.b-ling.com/) for more information.
email:ch.breitling@gmx.de (ch.breitling@gmx.de)

seven6ty
01-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't see how this is any better than creating your blendshape, moving your rig into place, sliding the blendshape slider up to one, and just modelling the dup and watching it effect your rigged character?

Only difference is you're picking and pulling on the original object instead of the dup, which I've honestly never had a problem with.

I've heard some about these types of plug ins and all and they seemed like a good idea in the beginning, but looking at it now I don't notice any kind of new usefullness or anything, hmmm.

BSpirit
01-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi seven6ty,

thanks for replying that fast.

You're right, that is also a possibility for creating your blend shape. But it takes a long time to gain the skill for getting fast and good enough.

It's like you would have forced Van Gogh or Rembrandt to paint while seeing their hands only through a glass of water. A dirty one.

Most people I know love the possibility to modell the deformation in exactly the position in which it has been.

Maybe I'm wrong but then you will have to convince me a bit more :-)

Ciao

Chris

Threedeemer
01-26-2005, 09:42 PM
I've been looking forward to an updated mel script like this! Much thanks.

seven6ty
01-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Ahh, ok. Yah, I know what you're saying, but once you've done it a couple times, or at least for me, it doesn't even bothering me much at all. Thanks for the answer though, sounds like it could be a fun way to work.

MattBirkett-Smith
01-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Interesting looking plugin, i'll try and check it out next time im doing any character rigging. My current technique for doing corrective blendshapes can be a right kerfuffle.

kiaran
01-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Bravo BSpirit! This is just what I, and so many others, needed. Thanks for the hard work. Talk to you soon :)

Yah, I know what you're saying, but once you've done it a couple times, or at least for me, it doesn't even bothering me much at all.

Are you kidding? It's so annoying to sculpt a blendshape and 'guess' how it's going to look when the model is posed. Often times, the resulting corrective shape looks really bizarre. This is definetly NOT an easy thing to do manually.

modi
01-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Bravo BSpirit! This is just what I, and so many others, needed. Thanks for the hard work. Talk to you soon :)

Are you kidding? It's so annoying to sculpt a blendshape and 'guess' how it's going to look when the model is posed. Often times, the resulting corrective shape looks really bizarre. This is definetly NOT an easy thing to do manually.

Totally agree, its a pain to guess what its going to look like. Posing the model and doing corrective blendshape "artistically" is way more effective rather than doing some guess work. Awesome update, cheers.

kiaran
01-27-2005, 12:34 AM
I got some time and was able to test out the plugin. I sculpted a corrective shape for a elbow-like joint. It worked great. The ability to see your changes update on the deformed model, in realtime, is quite amazing.

There is no doubt, this should be a part of Maya. Thanks again Christian.

vectormodeling
01-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Any chance of an OS X compile? Mac users are quite the minority, but a mac compile would definitely be appreciated. Us mac users can still use your old mel version BSpiritCorrectiveShape, but the new speedy one would be great. Brilliant work by the way.

davidsloss
01-27-2005, 03:03 AM
I'd love see this compiled for OSX too!
Thanks for for efforts and your generosity BSpirit!

Atwooki
01-27-2005, 03:38 AM
Great work, BSpirit :)

I've given this a minor 'roasting' on a couple of recent models that needed some attention, and have to say that the gained intuitiveness of your plug-in deserves full praise; top-notch stuff, and well done :buttrock:

So nice to actually 'see' what one's doing :D

Many thanks

Atwooki

seven6ty
01-27-2005, 08:47 AM

Hmm, I dunno, I honestly don't have that much of a prob with it. Like I said, as long as you create your blendshape and set the slider up, then just pose your joint into place and make any changes you need to on your blend shape and watch it update exactly how you want it on the posed model... No problemo. Hrmm, I dunno.

thematt
01-27-2005, 09:23 AM
right on time to our future project...couldn't be better..

great stuff thanks a zillion !!

cheers

bjoern
01-27-2005, 10:22 AM
great plug man! This helps a lot!!

BSpirit
01-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Any chance of an OS X compile? Mac users are quite the minority, but a mac compile would definitely be appreciated. Us mac users can still use your old mel version BSpiritCorrectiveShape, but the new speedy one would be great. Brilliant work by the way.

Hi vector,

thanks for your posting. The Compilation should be no problem - but I do not own a osx version of maya. Think a linux version would also be great. If someone owns one of them and a c++ compiler please post and I will send the code.

Oh, and please add the version of maya you own - would be great to have different ones (This week I will compile for maya 4.0)

MunCHeR
01-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey BSpirit, a linux port sounds great, I use maya on linux, maybe I could have a go at compiling it for you, I have only compiled shaders thus far, but I'm trying to learn MEL and API :), This looks very cool...

MunCH

PS: send me a PM and I'll see if I can weave some magic LOL

BSpirit
01-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey BSpirit, a linux port sounds great, I use maya on linux, maybe I could have a go at compiling it for you...

I think all pinguins should thank MunCHeR :-) Hi will port it to Maya 5.0 and 6.0

Code is on the way and lets hope everything goes well...

But: We need someone for the OSX compilation (5.0 & 6.0) !!!

Ciao

Chris

digones
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Chris,

This tool is awesome!!

Someone please could port this to OS X?? :D

cheers!

kiaran
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
seven6ty - make any changes you need to on your blend shape and watch it update exactly how you want it on the posed model

Yeah, I guess if you are used to this method then it might not be that bad. Personally I find it to be a confusing workflow. But to each his own! :)

ceql
01-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks very much for your hard work creating and sharing such a useful tool!

It'll come in handy this year, indeed! :)

kryoboy
01-28-2005, 07:10 AM
hehe, im guessing alot of these people didnt know about your mel script that did this before. anyways.. thanks for the plugin version!

BSpirit
01-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Uuuuuuuuuh,

the first BUG has been detected by a german CG artist!!!

I forgot the SCALING :-( Will be fixed tonight.

For all not willing to download a new version. Set the envelope of the correctiveShape deformer to the scaling value of the original (only working for symetric scalings)

Ciao
Chris

tmac
01-28-2005, 06:14 PM
will this work with other deformers on a mesh. . . .say your character is being deformed with lattices, clusters,slide buldge inaddition to the smooth skin bind. . .will the corrective shape plug see through those deformers as well as the smooth skin cluster?

I'll try it

just curious if this is possible

thanks

tmac

BSpirit
01-28-2005, 06:39 PM
will this work with other deformers on a mesh. . . .say your character is being deformed with lattices, clusters,slide buldge inaddition to the smooth skin bind. . .will the corrective shape plug see through those deformers as well as the smooth skin cluster?

Hi tmac,

yeah, by its special function this plugin will detect and eliminate every kind of deformation. Even self coded deformers.

ciao
Chris

P.S. The new version seems to be ready but I'll do a few tests...

kwnoone
01-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I've been wanting a plugin for this for 6 years... always hated the method of moving vertices on one model and watching them move in different directions on the bound character. Thanks a ton :)

poly-phobic
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
ok, im a little confused here.

- i have my rigged arm model
- i pose it
- i select it, duplicate it, unlock the transforms of duplicate, move it out of the way
- assign it as a blendshape
- set my envelop to 1 and sculpt and sdk the envelope
--what does this plugin do that cannot be done.
id like to know, it seems like a good tool, but the way i do things now is not too bad.

poly-phobic
01-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I've been wanting a plugin for this for 6 years... always hated the method of moving vertices on one model and watching them move in different directions on the bound character. Thanks a ton :)

ah, i see. ill give it a try on my next rig.

tmac
01-28-2005, 08:17 PM
thanks bspirit,

this is the best! . . . the last script you made was awesome as well but it seemed to igore lattices. . . .this new one rules!

DaddyMack
01-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Hi BSpirit, thanks much for sharing kind sir, this will be added joyously to my arsenal

donvlatko
01-28-2005, 09:31 PM
and me.......I tested this plug and work like good time saver and it's realy fast!!!
Great job man!

sebpotet
01-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Congratulation christian for your amazing mel script. What is user friendly is always better.

I had the chance to use the first release of your script and it saved my life.

If you guys want to see an example of facial animation using this script, check this:

- (http://www.sebpotet.com/opus_website/bank_anim/Sebpotet%20-%20face%20rigging%20-)facial animation (http://www.sebpotet.com/opus_website/bank_anim/Sebpotet%20-%20face%20rigging%20-)
(http://www.sebpotet.com/opus_website/bank_anim/sebpotet%20-%20facial%20animation)
- setup (http://www.sebpotet.com/opus_website/bank_anim/Sebpotet%20-%20face%20rigging%20-)

thanx again christian, I will definitively use this new release. :thumbsup:Sebastien
contact@sebpotet.com
http://www.sebpotet.com

BSpirit
01-29-2005, 03:43 AM
NEW VERSION RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.01

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_v1_01.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_v1_01.zip)

FIXED BUG: Translation and scaling of the original and its parents hasn't been considered in the computation.

Jipiiii, after hours of searching I found the bug and killed it. Just forgot to transpose a little matrix. Thanks to Haggi and his team from Germany for testing my plugin that intensive :-)

Ciao
Chris

BSpirit
02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Aaaaaaah, Kwai found a new bug:

The deformer doesn't stores its lokal array at scene saving. This is bad but should be no problem to solve...

I have been asked for extending the functionality to nurbs. If there is enough time, I will write the code for it

ciao
chris

BSpirit
02-02-2005, 01:35 AM
NEW VERSION RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.02

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_v1_02.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_v1_02.zip)

FIXED BUG: The deformation vectors are stored in an attribute instead of lokal variables. Now the deformer won't loose its information at scene save.

I hate attribute generation in Maya API. Why can't I access the ArrayBuilder outside of the compute / deform method? Aaaargggl!!! Perhaps the deformer generation will be a bit slower (the deformer won't) because extending an array attribute via logical index is really bad...

For all going into depth -> The deformation matrix is now available through the following attribute:

Deformer.vertex[index]...

Ciao
ChrisBUG FIX:

muckywetnoodle
02-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Heh, one more piece of Mirai. Thanks! I'll be trying it soon.

Iotrez
02-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Totally agree, its a pain to guess what its going to look like. Posing the model and doing corrective blendshape "artistically" is way more effective rather than doing some guess work. Awesome update, cheers. ___________

But I thought Seven6ty was saying that u don't have to guess. You just pose your rig, create the blendshape and set the blendshape target to 1. Have the target next to the rigged character and then as u model the target, the rig version will update. So why is there any guessing?

I can see that this script wiill make the process more efficient and quicker though. Cheers.

kiaran
02-02-2005, 04:32 AM
But I thought Seven6ty was saying that u don't have to guess. You just pose your rig, create the blendshape and set the blendshape target to 1. Have the target next to the rigged character and then as u model the target, the rig version will update. So why is there any guessing?

By using the history on the blendshape to model, you aren't actually modeling on the deformed mesh. Sure you can see how your effects will look on the deformed mesh (still very usefull), but the mesh you are modeling on looks nothing like the finished product.

Iotrez
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Oh yeah I get it now. Very useful thanks.

Sagroth
02-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Respect! Though I can't play with it already - waiting for 6.5 win/lin compile ;)

BSpirit
02-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Respect! Though I can't play with it already - waiting for 6.5 win/lin compile ;)

Yeah I'm still looking forward to it. Our administration is'nt that fast so you will also have to wait a bit :-)

Ciao
Chris

Sagroth
02-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Btw, your MEL still works great on 6.5 under both Win and Linux. So it can be used instead until compilation come ;)

BSpirit
02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Btw, your MEL still works great on 6.5 under both Win and Linux. So it can be used instead until compilation come ;)

Yeah right, but you will have to ask the NSA for help to get the same speed... :-)

Ciao
Chris

Aneks
02-03-2005, 01:16 AM
OKay, I like the sound of this. But I'm having troubles making it work - I have a skinned mesh, I run the script, and two new meshes are created, one linked to the other through a blend shape.

Can't see a new blend shape affecting thr original skinned mesh though...

tmac
02-03-2005, 02:09 AM
yeah I'm having a similar problem. . . . the last rev worked fine. . . .tmac

BSpirit
02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Can't see a new blend shape affecting thr original skinned mesh though...

Hey there,

sorry for that. Just forgot to say: Because you might want to assign multiple blend shapes and maybe even nothing I have not implemented an automatic assignment. You have to do this manually. Apply the blend shape in the ordinary way [deform/blend shape]. Either choose "front of chain" or move the blend shape beneath the skin cluster by yourself...

Should be working

Ciao
Chris

BSpirit
02-08-2005, 09:56 AM
LINUX VERSION RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.02 for LINUX (Maya 6.0 / 6.5)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_linux_v1_02.rar (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_linux_v1_02.rar) [corrected url]

Although MunCHeR wrote "dont give me credit. I'm not responsible..." this is quite out of the question :) Thank you!!!

Ciao
Christian

Sagroth
02-08-2005, 10:59 AM
A little mistake in URL - a dot in the end of line, so there're extra work to download it.

Thanks, I'll go test it ;)

digones
02-08-2005, 05:07 PM
hi Christian,

First, thanks for this amazing tool... I didn't have the chance to test it sisnce I'm using mac, but it's easy to see it's effectiveness just reading th posts ;)

Well, I'm not a programmer but I just installed an OS X C++ compiler here, so I can try to make it works on the mac... just need the code :)

cheers,

Rodrigo

Sagroth
02-13-2005, 10:28 AM
1.02 on Maya 6.5 Linux

I'm constantly getting:

maya encountered a fatal error
Signal: 11 (Unknown Signal)

every time I run correctiveShapeCmd on my polyGeom :(

BSpirit
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
maya encountered a fatal error
Signal: 11 (Unknown Signal)

every time I run correctiveShapeCmd on my polyGeom :(

Something special in your scene or did you test it with an ordinary poly sphere?

Ciao
Chris

Sagroth
02-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Nope. I just take a polyCylinder, bind it to a couple of joints, rotate one and press the button... It crashes.

In terminal after lines posted above it says it's trying to save my scene (i.e. Attempting to save in /home/sagroth/tmp/sagroth.20050213.2133.ma)

When I open that file, I see original skin and also duplicate *_Sculpture1, though it doesn't have any in/out connections. Skin also have correctiveShapeTweak1 in hierarchy. So it seems something nasty happens right after this.

Of couse, that could be my local problems - but i don't encounter any errors except in this plugin. Are there any success reports on 6.5 under linux already?

BSpirit
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Of couse, that could be my local problems - but i don't encounter any errors except in this plugin. Are there any success reports on 6.5 under linux already?

Nope, of course not :) Such local crash symptoms are something I really like. But I must confess: What a relief... Only the linux version :) I've never tested it and the great guy compiling it had no time to... Should be a compilation problem but I don't know exactly where to search for. Will ask him if he could look for and send you a PM.

sorry for such problems

Ciao
Chris

BigSky
02-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Thanks for your work BSpirit, but here there seems to be all manner of oddities (double transforms, strange transforms) with this workflow:

Skin mesh and transform the joints to perform a bad deform.
Select the mesh and run the plugin from the UI or the command line.
Create desired look on the sculpt mesh, newly created,
Assign the blend-shape mesh to the skinned mesh using front of chain.

I'd love to see this working, I've used your .mel and loved it...and have no hope of finding the bug. Is anyone else experiencing this?

BSpirit
02-14-2005, 08:49 AM
How strange!!! This seems to be the correct way but there has to be something unusual... Even "front of chain" is exactly what it should be.

- Did you already test it with a sphere and one joint :)
- Does the blend shape mesh look right to you?
- Did you also sculpt the blend shape mesh?

I don't know what else could be wrong...

Please test it with a sphere and if the problems occur a second time send this little scene at my email address ch.breitling@gmx.de

Ciao
Chris

Sagroth
02-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Will ask him if he could look for and send you a PM.

BSpirit
02-14-2005, 10:47 PM
there seems to be all manner of oddities (double transforms, strange transforms) with this workflow

A BIG thanks to you, BigSky. You found the greatest bug ever... So I can finally announce:

---------------------------------------------------

NEW VERSION RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_v1_03.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape_v1_03.zip)

FIXED BUG: The transformation of the object itself and its parents are compensated correctly.

For all interested in details:) Maya computes something really strange:

TransformObject.transformationMatrix() * TransformObject.exclusiveMatrix()

doesn't equals to

TransformObject.inclusiveMatrix()

although it should (for my understanding)... Hours and hours of debugging :) and only two little rows of code to change

Ciao
Chris the BUG himself

BigSky
02-15-2005, 01:44 AM
A BIG thanks to you, BigSky. You found the greatest bug ever... So I can finally announce:

Are you joking? By god...a big thanks to you BSpirit for developing this plug ... v1.03 is a cracker!

josephlyw
02-15-2005, 09:41 AM
this tool is reakky useful ! thx man

sonn
02-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Awsome tool!! just what i was looking for! thanks :thumbsup:

BSpirit
03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
VERSION FOR MAYA 6.5 RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03 for WINDOWS (Maya 6.5)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape65_v1_03.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_v1_03.zip)

Aaaaaaarg, ALIAS "fixed" some things in the API and I lost one week to get this plugin compile correct. They even didn't documented their changes... Thanks :-)

Ciao
Christian

aghill
04-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Hi BSpirit. Thanks for making this really usefull tool. Keep up the amazingly work!

Sagroth
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi, Chris. Will your plugin be compiled for 7.0 (windows at least ;)) - I miss it very much :)

Digit
08-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Yup, im holding off maya 7 till i know some of my fave tools are gonna be working with it. And this is a great tool!

Goggle
08-24-2005, 11:06 AM
I asked me If there's a way to do the same thing without the plugs in maya 7 with the new "Bake Topology to Targets" feature...

GatorNic
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
When do you think you'll have a chance to compile this plugin for Maya 7?

I haven't actually used it before and would like to give it a try, but we have already switched to v.7.

thanks

BSpirit
09-07-2005, 08:30 AM
VERSION FOR MAYA 7.0 RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03 for WINDOWS (Maya 7.0)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_v1_03.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_v1_03.zip)

I knew it: Alias had to release Maya 7.0 exactly when I'm travelling 20.000 km through whole Europe ...

Ok - here it is and hopefully no bugs :-)

Ciao
Christian

Sagroth
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Link is actually pointing to 6.5 version ;)

GatorNic
09-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Sweet! Can't wait to give it a try tomorrow!

The correct link seems to be:

http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_v1_03.zip

Sagroth
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
The correct link seems to be:

http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_v1_03.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_v1_03.zip)
Yeah, of course ;)

Tested the plug already - works great. Big thanks to Chris :thumbsup:

BSpirit
09-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Uuuuupss :-) Should have thought about that...

Ciao
Chris

Jim
11-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks so much for this plugin, Bspirit.

I can't seem to get it to work:

1) I start with a cylinder skinned to 3 bones to simulate an arm.

2) I select the bound mesh, then click on the "correctiveShapeCmd" button to create the sculpture mesh and the Blendshape mesh, and create a Blendshape with the Blendshape mesh and the original. So far so good.

3) but when I bend the original mesh at the elbow, the sculpture mesh does not bend along with it.

I've tried different combinations of the above steps, using crrectiveShapeCmd before skinning, before the Blendshape, using the correctiveShape UI to do it,

I'm not sure what step I'm missing. What do I do to make the Sculpture arm bend when I bend the original?

I'm sure it's a simple answer and I apologize in advance. Thanks so much for your plugin and your time.

Sagroth
11-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah, you are just using technique incorrectly. Bend your arm into pose you want to make corrective bsh for FIRST and then select mesh and run tool - you'll get two more meshes - first one is bended - you make your corrections on it and the second one is unbended corrective bsh target itself, that you need to assign to original skin.

Jim
11-10-2005, 12:59 AM
Thank you! So much!

lovisx
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
the 6.5 link points to the 7.0 version

Sagroth
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
I suggest manually changing 70 to 65 in the link ;)

roberte
11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Has a version for OSX been created yet?

Robert

animalunae
01-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Excellent work man, just what I was looking for.

BSpirit
06-18-2006, 10:06 AM
NEW LINUX VERSION RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03 for LINUX (Maya7.0)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_linux_v1_03.rar (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape70_linux_v1_03.rar)

without Matthias Zeller (www.maze3d.de (http://www.maze3d.de)) this would not have been possible.

THANX Matthias :thumbsup:

Ciao
Christian

BSpirit
08-01-2006, 09:53 AM
VERSION FOR MAYA 8.0 RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03 for WINDOWS (Maya 8.0)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape80_v1_03.zip

This time a bit earlier but without any testing :) Hopefully working

Ciao
Christian

schwaiger
08-01-2006, 10:31 AM
yeahh,

any chance to get this beauty compiled for osx ??

regards

BSpirit
08-01-2006, 11:05 AM
any chance to get this beauty compiled for osx ??

If there is somebody out there with Maya for osx, a c++ compiler and bit time ;) Just mail me or write a pm.

Ciao

Chris

Firas
08-02-2006, 09:29 AM
big thankx for this release.. now am waiting maya 8 :)

Sagroth
08-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Hi Chris.

That's great you're making Maya8 version of your plugin.

But it doesn't work for now :) It says "wrong type of object" all the time.

BSpirit
08-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi Chris.

That's great you're making Maya8 version of your plugin.

But it doesn't work for now :) It says "wrong type of object" all the time.

Huh, that's bad... Hmmm, recently I have to finish a project with a hard deadline, but on monday I will install Maya 8.0 an debug it ;)

Ciao

Chris

BSpirit
08-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry for the big delay, but after three days without sleep I had to relax a bit :p

I debugged the plug in yesterday and after one hour "wrong number of objects" I remembered the need for selecting an object... After this episode everything seemed to be going right although I didn't changed anything on the code except the debug messages ?! That's why I loaded the version without the debugging code, recompiled and damned my lovely c++ compiler :rolleyes:

Just follow the old link to the new old version...

Ciao

Chris

Sagroth
08-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Seems to be working ok now.

But there's smth with duplication offsets - numbers like 1 and -1 works fine, but when I plug smth like -2 or less it screws up - axis direction remains positive and distance sometimes is wrong (shapes do stack on top of each other and so on).

Can't remember this in Maya7 version, but that's maybe because I didn't use it much then :)

oktawu
02-17-2007, 02:41 PM
hey chris
any updates on the plugin? are u working on a 8.5 version of the plug?

BRUTICUS
02-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi tmac,

yeah, by its special function this plugin will detect and eliminate every kind of deformation. Even self coded deformers.

ciao
Chris

P.S. The new version seems to be ready but I'll do a few tests...

doh thanks for posting this I was about to give it a try on some blendshapes i'm working on but the destinationn mesh has been scaled and i'm guessing it wont work?

BSpirit
02-26-2007, 09:29 PM
VERSION FOR MAYA 8.5 RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03 for WINDOWS & LINUX (Maya 8.5)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape85_v1_03.zip (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape85_v1_03.zip)
www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape85_linux_v1_03.rar (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape85_linux_v1_03.rar)

A big THANKS to "Nick" Niculescu for compiling the stuff. I just haven't found time to do so :)

Ciao
Chris

forflowers
02-27-2007, 06:04 AM
hi, im still getting the "wrong type of object" error :shrug:

0-1com
03-18-2007, 10:35 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4263814#post4263814

Here is script based on script BSpiritCorrectiveShape.mel
Workflow of this script allow you to forget about "driven keys" and "blendshape" at all. :)

rcronin
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
I like the plugin however,

how do you get around the 'front of chain' bit? For example, if you bend an arm into a shoulder and start sculpting on the sculpt object, only the vertices (on the rigged object) that are not effected by the shoulder joint rotation will translate correctly. If you move vertices on the rotated shoulder, they will move as a double transformation because the blend shape was created before the rig was bound. Parallel blend shapes work but mess up my rig unfortunately.

R

BSpirit
04-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Sorry for not looking into this thread that long ^^ But first good news for our Mac guys and girls out there:

VERSION FOR MAYA 8.5 RELEASED

correctiveShape v1.03 for MAC OS X (Maya 8.5)

www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape85_macosx_v1_03.rar (http://www.b-ling.com/files/correctiveShape85_macosx_v1_03.rar)

Without Thanapoom Siripopungul this wouldn't have happened in years - A big thank you Thana.

To rcronin: You shouldn't use front of chain at all :) The blendshape has to happen before the skincluster to give you the right deformation. And parallel ones are an evil creation of Alias ^^

To 0-1com: Thanks for the link - if I have some time I'll try the new version - but it's great that people are working on it. My interface isn't the nicest one :D

To ninoaniceto: Uh, waiting for two month for an answer isn't nice - sorry... If somebody has problems with the plugin or other suggestions don't bother to write me an email. You will find the address on my website (also it's quite old). Just in case: what did you select ^^ if this is still a problem?

Cheers
Chris

rcronin
04-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi Chris,
I was just going by your page 4 suggestion

How strange!!! This seems to be the correct way but there has to be something unusual... Even "front of chain" is exactly what it should be.

As well, I can't get multiple blend shapes working. For example, if I wanted 2 elbow fixes, one at 90 degrees and one at 120 degrees, the first blendshape is sculptable but the second one's(which I 'add' the the main blendshape node) vertices don't move in world space. When I try and sculpt and move the vertices on the x, they move according to the joint's space. I can't create a new Blend node (I have to 'add') because the first one will override a new node. Any ideas?
RC

EDIT: Never mind. I see that you have to delete your working blend shapes before you can add a new corrective to the blend node. I was keeping my working blendshapes in case I needed to edit them later. Any ideas on how to edit the corrective after the working blendshapes have been deleted?

coffeefery
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Any chance of this tool working with 64-bit machines?

Sagroth
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah, a high demand on 8.5_win64 version :)

BSpirit
06-25-2007, 08:50 PM
If you find somebody for me to compile the source I'll be happy to send it ^^

Chris

Sagroth
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I think I will... We've switched to x64 today and a guy will recompile his plugs tomorrow, so I guess there would be no problem to compile your's. So, if that's ok, send it to me - sagroth(at)inbox.ru

Btw, have you though about setting these corrections that way you can sculpt the skin itself and recalculate values to "before-skinCluster" tweak node? So you can avoid a lot of geometry duplicates and constantly tweak existing shapes adding/subtracting values.

VM
06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
this might be a good place to ask...
please!
BSpirit, or anyone else (anyone with scripting/programing passion and experience)
could you make a corrective tool like the one discussed here that also works with combination/correction sculpting? so that we can create corrections of things, or sculpt specific poses that combine different influences...
I have used michael comet's pose deformer, and while it does what I am asking here, it's limited and it's hard to control the blending between poses. I'd like to have a simple (to use) tool, with friendly interface, that can do n-space corrections, so I can pose the character in any (!) pose, and just sculpt, and then it should calculate automatically the influences, so I don't have to specifically tell it - now for this pose here... we used the shoulder and the wrist and all the spine joints, etc etc. It should autodetect what joints were moved from zero, and trigger that correction whenever that combination of joint rotations occurs.
or if this tool exists... can anyone tell me about it?
(I haven't used your tool yet BSpirit, sorry, I will try it out soon - I hope I'm not making a fool of myself, your tool doesn't allow combinations/corrections of corrective blendshapes, does it?)
thanks!

alexentremont
06-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks BSpirit for the Mac OS version!

Sagroth
07-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Chris, have you changed your mind? :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-03-2007, 07:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.