PDA

View Full Version : Open object texture

yliren
01-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi,
I am beginer in Blender, I just like to know if it is possible to make texture on both faces of my object if it is opened?
Because actuelly I can only map texture on one side of a surface and the oppsite face always stays transparent...
thanks!

yan

ReeVee
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Materials and textures render to both sides of a poly so you should be able to see the inside of and object. Make sure that you have a light pointed at the surfaces that you are looking at.

Apollux
01-27-2005, 02:09 AM
The behavior that you are describing (faces becoming transparent when looked from behind) is only limited to the real-time game engine and the textured visualization mode, so I'll asume you are talking about textures for game objects.

Yes, the default setting is to only show the face if it's normal is poiting to the camera. To make it show in all situations, look for the "Two Sided" button that is only available when you are in Texture-Paint, Vertex-Paint or in UV-Face-Select modes. The button appears located to the right of the Edit-Buttons panel.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.