PDA

View Full Version : Lucius WIP- call for ideas and critique

Jokinen
01-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi all! I'm a new guy here at Cgtalk and this is my second post ever :) I'm working on this portrait and i'm in need of ideas and critique about how to improve this one.I'm trying to convay the feeling that the guy is really evil but somewhere inside lies goodness. I would greatly appreciate any response i get from you :)

Thanks in advance.

http://img3.imagevenue.com/loc266/5a5_lucius4_copy2.jpg
(http://img3.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc266&image=5a5_lucius4_copy2.jpg)

KevinJM
01-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Wooow cool lighting and style. Very nice:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KevinJM
01-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Needs some works on the hands however cause i can`t figure out his hands.Anyway keep it up man

Ilikesoup
01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Nice colors, and I like the mood you've created with the candles. Character looks good, but he doesn't show the emotion you're looking for -- looks only slightly melancholy. It's tough to show that split personality in a static pose, but here are some ideas:

Give him an angry expression, but have photos of baby ducks hanging on the walls.
He's smelling the rose while carving into a throw pillow with a sharp knife.
He's cutting up the portrait of the woman he loved while crying.

Think of films you've seen or books you've read that feature tortured characters and try to incorporate those ideas into your picture. Vampire L'Estat comes to mind.

Goliath
01-26-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah well you are really good with photoshop or whatever you use, but i agree with ilikesoup, you need to work on his expression. personally i think it might help if you make him a tad older, and maybe if he pinch his eyes a little together.. but i dunno..

and the fingers do look as they are too small.

keep us updated,

Gwenhwyfar
01-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Heh reminds me some of Cowboy Be Bop. I do like the lighting effect but why is the one candle on the right in the air?

On another note his eyes seem to be off. I am fine with the right but the left is looking off in another direction, personally I am not sure that is possiable without alot of eyestrain.

Overall I truly am pleased to view your work and hope to see more.:bounce:

Jokinen
01-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your great comments :) I'm aware of the problems you listed and I'm goin' to fix them as soon as i can. I also want to thank you for your nice ideas :)

I'll keep you updated.

Cheers!

-JJ

BlueEyeLizard
01-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Lighting is great! Hands and arm seem not in proportion.

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.