PDA

View Full Version : Local Reassign

steverage
09-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Ok, so i have a poly mesh enveloped to a skeleton created from the proportional guide..

I need to reassign a few points to different bones..

Im in tag mode, have the point selected click local reassign then pick the bone. Right click to end and..........NOTHING!

What am I doin wrong?

Cheers ppl! :beer:

Atyss
09-10-2002, 09:43 PM
I experienced similar problems while doing this operation. I found that the trick is to set the Deformer Weight to 100% before doing the Local Reassign.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

icedeyes
09-11-2002, 08:53 AM
also, if you work in aproximation mod, you can't reassign weights... This might also be the problem....

steverage
09-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Cheers guys - it was the deform weight!!
I love this place
:bounce:

tantoedge
08-02-2005, 09:56 AM
I've had this issue many times in the past and thought I had licked it with selecting the bones individually, but it turns out that that is not the instant fix I thought it would be.
I'm not weighting a character and experience the exact issue. I select points, I click Local Reassign, or the Reassign button in the Weight Editor and poof! Nothing happens.
No weights are assigned.

I've tried setting the Deformer Weight to 100% and tried Local Reassigning with various options selected, plus I've skimmed the Options menues many times but to no avail.
The odd part is that I've had this issue in a scene with one mesh while others in the same scene will weight perfectly fine.

I have tried many 'workarounds' such as Extracting the polys, exporting the mesh and reimporting it to a new scene, etc...
I think the only thing I haven't tried is Voodoo...
[whips out the doll] :rolleyes:

Well I don't know if it was the Voodoo or the chanting, but mysteriously enough, the model started recognizing Local Reassignment.
I kid you not, it just DECIDED that it knew what Local Reassign was.
Half an hour ago... nothing...
Now, perfectly normal...
XSI is anything but. :twisted:

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2005, 09:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.