PDA

View Full Version : Beretta girl (something that will probably remain unfinished)

Tzax
01-26-2005, 11:02 AM
Hi. The idea was to make a girl with a Beretta, standing in front of a bank. Anyway Iím not
sure if Iíll be able to finish itÖ It's in a very early WIP stage. So fat it took me about 2 hours
to paint, half hour to realize that I have mistaken almost everything and about 2-3 hours to fix
(if itís fixed). Iím kinda stupid and itís getting worse- Iím forgetting things before I have learned
them completelyÖ Such things didnít happen when I was younger. :) Anyway,
Iím sure you donít care about this so here is the picture:

http://img185.exs.cx/img185/5504/beretta.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Edit: text was black...

Rudeone
01-26-2005, 02:00 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with it, I would recommend to finish this piece

Ilikesoup
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Iím kinda stupid and itís getting worse- Iím forgetting things before I have learned
them completelyÖ Such things didnít happen when I was younger. :) Anyway,
Iím sure you donít care about this so here is the picture: ..

I know what you mean and I think it's normal. You didn't know the rules when you were younger, so you just drew. Now there's so much to plan out and stew about. As for your picture, the eyes are stunning. They really draw me into the picture. There are things I'd touch up about the face, but nothing that I'd correct. However, if this is going to be a scene with her full body, a bank in the background and all manner of details I'd suggest blocking everything out roughly then coming back and adding highlights and such. I hope you can find the time for her. :)

nofxsapunk
01-26-2005, 04:57 PM
"However, if this is going to be a scene with her full body, a bank in the background and all manner of details I'd suggest blocking everything out roughly then coming back and adding highlights and such. I hope you can find the time for her. " i agree with this statement. im working on a picture and i only work on it maybe like an hour or so a week at the most so its coming along slowly and i am blocking everything out and then going back in with detail. your picture is looking great and i think after you block everything in you should concentrate on the eyes since they are already looking very good, they draw me in. :buttrock:

Tzax
01-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the replys and for the idea. I hope I'll be able to work on it this weekend, at least I'll try blocking the scene as you said. Btw, I'm planning to make only the top half of the body...

CrossFire
01-30-2005, 05:35 AM
I for one like it, its a good start. I like your style!

Tzax
02-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok, kind of update... This is going to take me forever! And it's not going very good, but I'll count it as test. Next time I'll make a plan and I'll find good references... Anyway, here it is:

http://img180.exs.cx/img180/5508/girlt3.jpg

ditchman
02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
nice work on the face and eyes, as others have said. the hand should be more slender i think.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.