PDA

View Full Version : War-Bot Gone Mad

Groady
01-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Just looking for some feedback on this piece. My biggest issue is that I didn't plan the composition from the start so I think it's a little cramped.

I feel my original idea is still there. It's a comentary on war and technology where a war machine has malfunctioned and turned on it's own. The red-head is suposed to be looking at the viewer to envoke an emotion of warning of "this is where we are heading as humans". Though she may be a bit too detached emotionally from the action in the scene. I may still re-position her eyes. I didn't want to make her shit scared, more kind of sad but accepting of her fate. I've been working on this on and off since August of last year :sad: so I'm kinda keen to wrap it up. Looking for comments on what to improved, cheers.

http://www.graphicscenes.com/Render-7c.jpg

BlueEyeLizard
01-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Itís off to a good start. I think your robot needs to be darkened. He feels too light for the time of day and placement in the middle ground. Add some atmospheric conditions to him.

Looks Lika A Good Start!

Rudeone
01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
First of all, really nice image:thumbsup:

I think the redhead looks lovely, but since she is obviously very emotional, she poses like a model, I think maybe you could add her lefthand grabbing for her chest (no I don't mean her breasts), like she has a hard time breathing, to make it more dramatic.

I think the people running look a little like they're not a part of the image, I think making em darker an add more shade on their front should do the trick.

Maybe add some more dead trees or parts of ruined houses on the hills.

Groady
01-27-2005, 07:08 PM
I must agree about her posing like a model. Again that was an oversight on my behalf right from the beginning. It was a mistake not to plan out the composition before starting. Regarding the comments about making the characters darker (foreground and robot) I couldn't agree more. Im starting to paint a bit more loosely on it and not worrying too much about defining edges so much. I'll post an updated version soon. Cheers.

Swoop
01-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah i think the general idea and end result is pretty good. But the hums dont really look like hell is upon them ;) And she is like you said posing like a model.. i would expect her to be running also or perhaps hiding while crying or something ...

I like how the robot looks kinda sad.. like its destroyed something but isnt really happy about doing so, but having no choice ...

but good for a non-planned image ;) but needed more thinking in the composition :D

Groady
02-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Added more contrast to the piece. Much happier with it. Not there yet though :shrug: . Thoughts?

http://www.graphicscenes.com/Render-7i.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.