PDA

View Full Version : Wizard

Pyl
01-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi all ! :)

Here is a Wizard picture I'm working on.

I hope you will appreciate it.

Of course it 's not the final step of the picture.

http://pyleray.club.fr/wip/tannor/tannor.jpg

AIPh Pretzel
01-25-2005, 07:38 PM
The mosaic tile photoshop filter is a little obvious don't you think?

Pyl
02-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for your answer, I'll try to put a metallic texture to the armor.

Pyl
02-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Update after several changes.
I changed Armor texture too.
Beginning of a background, an ice cavern.

Thanks for comments :)

http://pyleray.club.fr/wip/tannor/tannor2.jpg

hjalmar
02-18-2005, 06:26 PM
the photoshop texture is still REALLY obvious

try doing away with those and using paintbrushes to bring out the colour that you need

if you need it, use a referance for metal as a colour sample and go from there.

the photoshop filters are VERY easily recognised now, and do not give your armor the definition that could be given to it

keep it up tho:) thats how i started was with those filters till someone slapped em outta me:P

joeydee
02-18-2005, 10:31 PM
I agree. Even if you don't use filters, don't just fill flat shapes with textures. Try to paint materials in the same style of the whole painting. Stay in this comic like style (if you aim to do so), don't try to add more realism by textures.

btw, the ice cavern - I recognized it before I read your post - fine abstraction :)

Rudeone
02-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Absolutly, try to stay away from filters as much as you can, only use them if they really could contribute to an image, but use it subtle, in your image it's way to obvious.
For example, in the image I'm currently working on it's suppossed to look very dynamic, if it really spices up the image I will use a motion blur filter on some small parts, but very subtle.
Try to avoid texture filters, only if, like I said they really contribute to a painting.

If you want a metal texture, just look at a pic of metal, try to figure out what colours are in it (often you can discover colours you never would have imagened being in it, depending on lightning etc.) and try to paint it yourself. It isn't easy, I think metal is one of the hardest textures to paint.

Good luck on your painting, I like those shiny marks btw

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.