PDA

View Full Version : the command XERF (External Reference) in Lightwave?

dongge
09-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Hi! all,

I have been a user of AutoCAD. When I cooperated with another man to working for a big project, we have often used the command "XREF" (External Reference) in Autocad.

With the "XREF", You can move and rotate the object that be referenced from the exterior, but you can not edit this object in the main document.

The command "XREF" is very useful when you must deal the huge project. You can working for each part of the whole project in one time. After all the part have been accomplished alone, you can integrate all of parts to final project.

I want to know where can I find the similar command or function in Lightwave?

A lot of thanks for any help in advance!

----
Dong Ge

Eugeny
09-10-2002, 10:38 AM
The way of working in LightWave is similar - u have to model in Modeler and animate in Layout, so u can't change in Layout anything except rotation, position and scaling (also u have another deformers like bones or displacement)...
Your scene file is simple link to the model, so changing scale in Layout - your original model is unchanged, u can easy load this model to another project and use (even with two Layouts running with different projects but with same models)

...and u don't need to find this command - its simple here - this is natural LightWave
working way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.