PDA

View Full Version : Render pass problem

belly80naz
09-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Can i create a batch render with 2 render pass: one with the object in background and one with all the object in my scene?

I try to do a test with the "Pass > Edit > New pass > Based on Layers" command but I don't seem that work fine, because at any time in my render there are every objects of my scene, not the only specificated objects in the render checked level.

Have someone the solution? Maybe I must study how to works the partition?

JoeRedstall
09-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Yeah, you first have to break your scene up into two passes. one for your foreground and one for your background. Select all your objects you want in the background and make a partition for them. Click on the partition icon and you can choose to hide the objects in the render or the viewports. Do the same for your other pass, except hide the objects you want in your foreground.

To set up your batch render so it renders both your passes make a .bat file like this:

xsi -r -scene "c:\XSIDatabases\YourProjectName\Scenes\MyScene.scn" -pass "background" -continue

xsi -r -scene "c:\XSIDatabases\YourProjectName\Scenes\MyScene.scn" -pass "foreground" -continue

Make sure you type the name of your passes correctly in your batch script.

Hope this helps,

Joe

belly80naz
09-10-2002, 01:03 PM
thanks, but... I don't must use the levels?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.