PDA

View Full Version : 3ds Max and dotted lines

AidanGibbons
01-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey,

Ive already posted about this, but that was around 3 months ago. I was hoping somebody can point me in the right direction this time. Im having a problem with max and DirectX and my graphics card. I have an Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra and im seeing (when you press F4 to show wireframe+smoothed) dotted lines around the mesh. This ONLY happens sometimes, and always only when im not actually moving around in the scene. When i rotate around the scene the wireframes look perfectly fine. (again, i stress that this only happens in shaded view with visible edges). I have the latest drivers from nvidia but this hasnt fixed the problem. I cant be the only person with a geforce 6800 ultra using max (6/7) with this problem. Any ideas?

simont
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
I don't know what causes this, but it happens to me too with my gf5600, WinXPSP1, 2xOpteron 246 machine.

kwshipman
01-26-2005, 08:54 AM
this probably won't be the solution, but I'll throw it out just in case. I had a simular situation using XSI and it ended up being that I had turned on the AA and AF in the video card settings. When I turned them back to "application controlled" the problem went away.

What OS are you using?

AidanGibbons
01-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey, i have my graphics card set to 'Application Controlled' too. Im using Windows XP Home edition. The problem remains...

VectorWrecktar
01-26-2005, 03:45 PM
There you have it....Home edition, maybe try installing professional edition and see if it still hapens, i bet its the imited funtiona;ity of home edition thats stopping your software from running properly

brzilian
01-26-2005, 06:26 PM
There you have it....Home edition, maybe try installing professional edition and see if it still hapens, i bet its the imited funtiona;ity of home edition thats stopping your software from running properly

Your comment bears no truth whatsoever. XP Pro and Home are the EXACT same OS except for Dual Processor support and additional Networking functionality in Pro.

kwshipman
01-26-2005, 06:38 PM

from Discreet's website:

"software system requirements

Primary Operating Systems: XP Professional (SP1), Windows 2000 (SP4), and XP Home (SP1)
Internet Explorer 6
DirectX 9.0c Required, OpenGL"
XP Home is supported.

VectorWrecktar
01-26-2005, 09:20 PM
wow two ppl quoting me woohoo first time ever, but yea im a bit shamed for my lack of knowledge so i apologise.

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.