PDA

View Full Version : green\bluescreen pipeline question

nikfaulkner
01-25-2005, 01:38 PM
hi all,

i've been given the chance to "tinker" with a digibeta camera and greenscreen studio, so i thought i'd try and learn some new techniques. however i have a couple of questions about workflow and a few technical issues.

i'm planning on shooting PAL digibeta, dumping into an avid and then exporting into some standard (uncompressed) pc format so i can muck around with the footage with aftereffects.

1 - what do i do about the fields? i initially thought about just removing them and working entirely with frames. this would make things a lot easier in after effects. the problem lies, if i go back into the avid with these "frames" will it look rubbish?

2 - if i keep fields, does anyone have any pointers on how to deal with them in after effects? or even better workflow examples or links to tutorials?

sorry if this is an open ended question, but i've spent ages trying to find any information on the topic.

many thanks in advance

nik

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.