PDA

View Full Version : do u kno any architectural tutorials?

xconmanx
01-25-2005, 11:09 AM
hello, i just want to know if any body knows of any architectural tutorials?

architectural such as building/house exteriors or even interior.

i would just like to learn the right techniques

cheers

xconmanx
01-25-2005, 11:30 AM
oh this is for 3ds max by the way

cheers

???
01-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I wonder if there's AutoCAD tutorials on the web out there. Im also interested, i know it could be hard but not as hard as 3d animation apps ?.

Samo
01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
I wonder if there's AutoCAD tutorials on the web out there. Im also interested, i know it could be hard but not as hard as 3d animation apps ?.

Architectural modeling is harder in any 3D animation apps than in ACAD or any CAD app. Modeling in CAD is easy because you use primitives and booleans operations due to regular basis of architectural components. (this statement is not aplicable for many architecs)

Architectural modeling is just extrusion from 2D plan, a bit of booleans here and there, and thats all. In 3D studio, the quickest way would be modeling from a 2D plan from Acad or modeling from a blueprint background.

The matter is if the 3D app let you control measurements as a CAD app does.

by the way....
Acad requires certain conditions to an object to be "extrusionable":rolleyes:. Closed Polylines and/or regions. You shoul have skills with UCS placement and point of view watching that UCS. Acad 3D is easy, deeply logical and funny.

strangelife
01-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd recommend going to www.3dquakers.com (http://www.3dquakers.com) and check out their ArchCD, which is specifically geared toward Max users. I picked this up awhile back and was really happy with it. I remember it being around the $40 range, but is downloadable via a ftp server they've set up, so you don't have to wait for the post office to bring it to you.

BlackL1ghtn1ng
01-28-2005, 09:03 PM
if you're gonna try to do architectuaral modeling in 3DS Max, try these (http://www.cgarchitect.com/resources/tutorials/smoke3d/default.asp) tutorials at CG Architect. They are concise but very good. Hope this helps.

TroutMaskReplica
01-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a set of blue prints for a typical modern suburban home? Any good free blue print repositories?

rhapsodyosx
01-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Are there any good architectural tutorials for maya out there?
Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.