PDA

View Full Version : How about a Pre-view-pic-list

Henrik Hörlin
02-09-2002, 02:14 PM
I usually donīt spend much time in forums because I donīt like the structure of information. Itīs to caotic to find anything. :confused:
BUT since this is the no:1 3D forum in the world itīs hard to just sit by and not taking part.
Iīll get my thumb out and submit my peice asap but I have no idea if my vehicle is an unintended rip-off of someone elses work. This is because I donīt have the time to sift through all relevant posts to check. Besides, if I just want to check on my favourite competitors, theyīre lost in the crowd of other talented people. :)
My sugestion is this:
Is it possible to do a picture (thumbnail) list of all contrebutions with a link or something to the thread? Itīs alot easier to remember a picture than a name among alot of other names.
OR it culd be easier if one culd sort by category: character/vehicle/landscape.
sorting by number of wievs is not helping if youre looking for something specific, only if youīre looking for the most/least viewed a.s.o.
To close:
This foum makes me want to become a better 3D-artist. There really is alot of competition out there I just hope I got the stuff.

cerreto
02-09-2002, 02:30 PM
this may be a workable soulution have everyones avatars posted next to there thread ? dont know if its possible but would be worth a shot and alot easier to reconize

Wintermute
02-09-2002, 03:33 PM
sort of a competitor contact sheet could be usefull if you're looking for something in particular

cerreto, avatars in the threads would be quite nice, granted not everybody has one, but the avatars people have here are quite memorable (and humorous) -ex; Sheep Factory :D

this challenge, unlike the priate challenge (which was only one category) could -imho- benefit from some organisation..character, vehicle, landscape, mixed...

...anyway, that's enough ranting and rambling for tonight :)

Bytehawk
02-09-2002, 04:06 PM
That's weird. I was thinking about the same thing last night. Threads are going this fast, if someone doesn't reply to yours within 2 hours it gets moved to the second page.

The success of this challenge is so great it's going to need some organisation if it wants to survive in the long term. (people won't bother entering if they don't get seen/heard because of the system)

Dragonius
02-09-2002, 05:27 PM
a sticky thread with thumbnails that link to the thread?
keeping the thumbnails current would be hard... perhaps an automated thing that contestants submit their latest pics to?
a bit of tweaking and that would create the end results gallery as well :D

lildragon
02-09-2002, 06:12 PM
I was thinking of this Dragonius, I spoke to Jean already and he's going to have a talk with Leonard about it...

Equinoxx
02-09-2002, 06:16 PM
it sounds like an excellent idea imo.

I think a solution would be that everyone makes his/her own thumb, and places it on his/her own webspace. And is responsible for updating his/her own thumb.

I think that way, no extra devotion is needed by the admins and it's the least hassle for everyone to see updated thumbs.

lildragon
02-09-2002, 06:22 PM
I'm on it I'll have one up later today, and host it on my server for the time being, just until Leonard steps in to enable a feature for me.... thanx much for the suggestion guys, it's very much needed...

I'll stick this so others can read it

Dragonius
02-09-2002, 08:51 PM
heh, thats about what i was thinking, Equinoxx

now, time to do summat worth submiting... :D

Bytehawk
02-10-2002, 04:05 AM
great thing about this board and its members are that if something needs to be done or would be good to the board.

it gets done. and fast !

:D

there..., I said it.

better get on with my work now :)

Naz
02-12-2002, 04:10 AM
I started going to page 3 and using the next thread button to make sure I see all the updates.
definately a great idea with the thumbs, looking forward how it is executed.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.