PDA

View Full Version : For demoreel: How to deinterlace a quicktime video in After Effects

Jinian
01-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Just like to know how to deinterlace a QUICKTIME video in after effects? I can't seem to find a codec or compressor in the quicktime compression list that has a deinterlacing option. I know there's one for a video for windows, like divx 5.0, but how about for quicktime.

Also does anyone know how to install codecs into After effects so that it will pop up in the compression list along with the other compressors? I seem to have found a decent compressor online that can deinterlace but i have no idea how to install it and have Aftereffects accessible to it.

kevin3d
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
You can deinterlace the footage within AE and use which compressor you like.

1) Right click on footage in Project bin.

2) select INTERPRET FOOTAGE/MAIN

3) Under SEPERATE FIELDS, choose a field. I have found that it doesn't matter too much which field you select as long as you're not using the footage with other de-interlaced footage.

I think you may want to also select MOTION DETECT.

FWIW, AE's deinterlace seems to work just as well as Photoshops.

hope this is helpful.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.