PDA

View Full Version : Male Head WIP

Leebre
01-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Well, this is my first ZB2 model that has amounted to anything. I have yet to add the finer details and I need to work on the mouth quite a bit...oh, and the skin shader. Hmm, I guess some eyeballs might be nice. Anywho...C&C appreciated!

http://leebert.monkeyfury.com/stuff/zb2/firsthead.jpg

flingster
01-25-2005, 08:28 PM
did you start with zsphere or mesh...looks like mesh but worth asking.
sides of mouth need a little work..but for a first attempt bud..you gotta give yourself a pat on the back i think.

Leebre
01-25-2005, 09:12 PM
I started with a big ol' z-sphere a'la the warrior tutorial in the practical manual. So far I've spent most of my time on the upper area of the head. Hopefully tonight I will get some play time and I will get to work on the mouth.

Leebre
01-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Does anyone have suggestions on making the little cracks/creases on a pair of lips? Do I need to make an alpha and use it in Projection Master? If so, what size should the alpha be? I created some alphas the other day and applied them in PM but when I picked the model back up the displacements they made looked horrible.

APLevitz
01-27-2005, 12:02 AM
That doesn't sound like the size of your alphas so much as the subdivision level of your model.

Inside of projection master, your mesh is dropped down to Pixols, which means pretty much infinite resolution. When you pick up your model, the geometry of your model is offset to match what you did in 2.5D as best it can. How many polygons your model has affects the fidelity of this conversion, in much the same way that a higher bitrate mp3 sounds better than a low bitrate one. In either world, more samples = higher quality reproduction.

When you get into detailing, subdivide your mesh as much as your machine will let you get away with, and enter Projection Master at the highest subdivision level.

Also, because you are working with Pixols, you'll want the biggest canvas size that'll fit on your screen (I don't think AAHalf works here -- can anyone confirm?), and to zoom in on just the area you're planning to work on. This will then allow for higher resolution detail, which amounts to greater clarity (but requires all the more geometry to maintain).

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.