PDA

View Full Version : Best DVD/CD Interface Software?

canadaka
01-24-2005, 11:21 PM
I have to make a new demo cd for my company, the current outdated one has a pretty hoaky animated menu interface made in director by some coop students.

I personaly hate Macromedia Director, it also has a fairly large overhead. So i went looking for other dvd/cd menu authoring tools.

The best 3 i found seem to be:
Adobe Encore DVD 1.5
DemoShield 8
AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0

I have chosen to use Encore based on the trails so far, its nice that it can tie into all the other Adobe products like photoshop and priemere.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has used Adobe Encore to make interfaces, how it does the job, is there something better.. ect.

Andrew Howe
02-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I hate to have to say it, but ultimately, Macromedia Director is the best authoring software out there.

vinteg
02-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I personally use a combination of After Effects and DVD Studio Pro. Works great for me.

canadaka
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Apple's DVD Studio pro looks prety nice, and thats a big thing coming from me, I very much dislike Apple. but i have no Mac access so its not an option.

I have been using "AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional" its decent, really easy to use, but pretty limited, can't do animation of any kind, or motion menus's ect.

The firct menu i'm making is for use on a CD, Its too bad Adobe Encore DVD 1.5 can't save to an exe... or can it?

So looking more like Director is the real choice, I just don't know that program at all, I guess i will have to learn. Anyone know any good tutorials geared towards making cd menus? Or even some templates?

vinteg
02-10-2005, 11:37 PM
I've seen a few CDs use Flash. That can have a duel benefit, both on the CD and on the Internet. I'm pretty sure you can export as an autoplay once you insert the CD into the drive.

You could use After Effects for the animation and bring that into Flash for the interactivity.

Anyway you could make a demo DVD instead? Also every computer has one now and if not, they can stick it into a standalone DVD deck. Plus, you could get higher quality and fit more information on it.

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.