PDA

View Full Version : Monster Illustration (Crit.)

Ginsu
01-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I drew this in my sketchbook and the original drawing is about 4x3 inches. Imported it into photoshop and used what little experience I have with coloring. And any crits would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to post whatever comes to your mind and be as harsh as you possibly can. (I know that sometimes people are a little too nice on this forum and tend to hold some things back) I need all the comments I can get on this in order to get better.

Thanks in advance.

-Ginsu

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/gridlyne/FaceHugger.jpg

Rudeone
01-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Well I don't really care for the nose, I think it would look better if you removed it's shape leaving only the holes.
I think the fangs are kinda weird, with a shape like that it would be hard to pierce em in it's victim, vampire-like fangs would be better.

Other than that I think you did quite good, no need to be harsh, well I don't think you should ever be harsh, it isn't really motivating when you get knocked down, honest crits would help a lot more, keep it up!

Laeng
01-24-2005, 07:54 PM
It looks great, very asymetrical, which gives it a slightly scary look. But the perspective seems wrong. Everything thats at the left side (starting at the right nostril) looks like a flat frontal projektion, while the rest is frawn slightly from the side.
this makes the nose loose shape. Itīs hard to see beceause heīs so asymetrical.

Ginsu
01-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Thank you for your comments guys, I appreciate it.

I wanted it to have this assymetry on purpose because it was supposed to have a sort of comic book look. I wasn't going too much for realism. But I do see what you mean about the nose.

As for the 2 bottom claws, they are not meant to pierce but to grab and hold while the other top fangs do the first couple of deadly strikes, while the rest of the teeth were meant to tear away at the victims flesh.

What about the coloring? Did I do a good job? Because this is one of my first times coloring and need C&C on that especially.

Ginsu
02-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Any more advice from anyone else? Im going to start correcting some of the mistakes mentioned and I wanted to get all the crits I could get before I started.

Martin_B
02-02-2005, 12:35 AM
I partly like the colouring you've got. The details in it is good and i like the texture you've got with the green and yellow. But personal i think it's a bit boring in the big view. There is not much variation in the colours when you look at the big area. I think i hade given the cheeks and ears a more red tone or something like that.

It's a really picture otherwise. (and i hope there isn't that much problems with my english)

orozimbo
02-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey, whatīs up Ginsu?

I really liked your sketch. You seem to give a move in your drawing. About the painting, itīs interesting considering you said you are a novice in the area. Try to define the light, some background to sugest from where the light is coming. What you think?

Keep walking! (but donīt drink too much)

Inté
Guilherme Lopes

Ginsu
02-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Thanks guys, your crits are awesome.

I was going to be lazy and not fix anything anymore. But since more people replied, Im actually gonna try to work on this some more. There should be an update by the end of the week.

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.