PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for CG Talk Forums (busy server)

murdock
01-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Hello,

I'm just spending the morning looking for some reference/help on MEL scripting. However I keep getting "server is too busy" when doing searches - this get frustrating when it's constant.

I thought it might be a good idea to split the forum sections and/or database onto 2 different servers.

That way, those of us that are working and looking for reference material in the technical areas, and those of us that are just browsing the art, posting general comments, etc. are not interfering w/ each other.

That's my 2 cents - thanks for any comments, info.

-Jake

Dave Black
01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
We are aware of the problems and are implementing solutions. CGTalk.com is actually already distrubuted over many servers.

We thank you and all our members for your continued patience. We experience growing pains every now and again, but the owners of CGTalk/CGNetworks have always been quick to respond to problems and are commited to maintaining an enjoyable experience.

These problems should abate soon.

Have a great day.

-Dave

murdock
01-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the community.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.