PDA

View Full Version : animating lines...

ooz
01-24-2005, 02:43 PM
hi, i was wondering how u can animate lines, like scribbling for example. i want to animate my line moving, speeding up, slowing down etc...

if anyone can tell me which application does this ill be really grateful...

i know that if its a simple line shape i can just animate a mask that slowly reveals it. but i dont want that... im looking for software that actually animates a line.

thanks

Spiffjackson
01-24-2005, 05:03 PM
There is a plug-in for After Effects called Trapcode 3d stroke. this will very effectively animate any lines you create. Just keyframe start and end points or turn on the loop button and animate with offset and you are set. Within the plugin are other features like taper, bend/warp and others. I find it is a very effective tool for animating lines or strokes. It even works on text if you have outlines of the text.

One other option is Shake's interpolated brushes. you can have the scribble effect from that as well. In this instance you would create a line on one frame and a distorted version of that line on another frame and Shake will interpolate between them across the timeline.

ooz
01-25-2005, 06:51 AM
sounds exactly like what i want... now all i have to do is find it and buy it...

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.