PDA

View Full Version : Baking animation. Keys on every frame. Please.

duffe
01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
So, somebody must have had this problem before. I just want to take my character and bake all the motion so that I have keys on every frame. If I bake bones with "collapse controller" I can only do it to one bone at a time and most of the time I get results that are.. weird..

If I use the nice script "procedural motion baker" it bakes it out, but to another copy of my rig and theres a limit of 100 frames to bake.

If I use the Snapshot script, I found it brakes the hierarcy..

If I try to put a key on every frame manually it will change the curves and well.. change the animation.

This should be soo easy..

Jesper

Wahooney
01-25-2005, 08:36 AM
You can try this:

for i = animationrange.end to animationrange.start by -1 do
(
slidertime = i
max set key keys
)

This script runs backwards through the time line and keys all the selected objects. But it will only key the tracks defined in your Set Key Filters, so you can choose exactly what you want keyed.

I hope this helps

duffe
01-25-2005, 09:22 AM
thats a very nice little script and it works very well on some parts of my animation. I have this squid like character and its animated with the spline ik solver. Now this script bakes the arms in a nice way, but the body floats in to the middle of the screen when baked. it floats to the middle of the screen when i try to set keys manually as well so i guess i have to rethink my overall strategy for this anim.. maybe just leave the magic of spline ik animation..

thanks anyway.

galagast
01-25-2005, 11:48 PM
maybe u cud try applying a reset xform from the utilities then apply the script. usually this works well with objects that are linked to another object or to objects with WSM applied. hope this helps! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.