PDA

View Full Version : Opinions-Suggestions-Help???

Infinity3d4life
09-09-2002, 11:15 PM
I'm currently modeling a character for an animation that i'm planning.. The problem that i'm running into is the eye area.. (Teeth come later on)... Here are some images and my feelings about what i don't like..

http://infinity3d.wirefire.com/side1.jpg

Now see the image from the side look pretty much the way i want it to.. I like the profile of the character very much... ( I haven't done the ears yet..)

But here..

http://infinity3d.wirefire.com/front.jpg

I really need to figure out if the eyes themselves look crappy... Now i hope that i explain this the right way, or i could be here awhile.. what i need to know is do the pupils, or colored area of the eye look to big?? It might be better once i texture the eyeballs, but right now i just don't like it... It's just that i like the way the side view looks, but i just don't care for the front view... If any of you could take a crack at the eyes for me i would upload the file....

yon dabuda
09-09-2002, 11:43 PM
they're not bad, just move them a little closer together.
move the pupils up a little, so that more is hiddin by the top eyelid, the way you have it how, just opposite. and pull the middle of the top eyelide up slightly, just so you have a nicer curve on top. :)

Kaiser_Sose
09-09-2002, 11:48 PM
I dont know, could it be the nose ... maybe ad a tad more detail to the bridge of the nose and take a look if that is what you like

Infinity3d4life
09-09-2002, 11:57 PM
hey thanks for the speedy replies.. I will try them out and post the results... Anyone know how to make a good photorealistic eye for a character like this????

be right back with the results

Chewey
09-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Here's a shot of one of my wireframes that might help you get your shape adjusted a bit.

The eye geometry (not shown)is just a somewhat squished ball with a planar image projection.

Infinity3d4life
09-10-2002, 02:21 AM
Well i gave it another shot.. This is in no way the finished product, but here is what i did..

http://infinity3d.wirefire.com/fside.jpg

I pulled the eyes in closer, and detailed the nose bridge a bit better.. I still have to tweak the lips, and of course add ears, and things but i'm pretty pleased so far with what i got...

Thanks for all the help guys..

yon dabuda
09-10-2002, 02:53 AM
lookin better :) just pull the points on the top eyelids up in the middle a little to open the eyes more.

SplineGod
09-10-2002, 04:44 AM
The way the eyes are the character looks sleepy. The anime pic you have shows a character with the eyes open wide. Try opening the eyelids a bit more and moving the eyeball up so that the bottom of the iris barely touches the top of the lower eye lid.

anieves
09-10-2002, 02:37 PM
It is looking good! My suggestion is to add more geometry to the eyes area so you can shape it better. Look at chewey's model... it has more geometry.

BTW Chewey can you post a larger image of your anime style head? Looks pretty cool. Wanna know more about how you did the hair.

Chewey
09-10-2002, 02:54 PM
The hair was created plenty of flat rectangular
strips with uv mapping using transparency and clip maps. A bit of old school technique.

Meni has a tute on his site that shows a similar way to achieve the effect. It's basically a lot of busy work.

Infinity3d4life
09-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Well i gave it another tweaking, but i don't wanna get ahead of myself yet.. I still need to find out how to make the photorealistic eye textures for em....

then hair
then teeth
then clothes
then a new pc
then oh you get the picture..

http://infinity3d.wirefire.com/fside2.jpg

hey thanks for all the help you guys have been giving me.. I really appreciate it...:applause:

anieves
09-11-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Chewey
The hair was created plenty of flat rectangular
strips with uv mapping using transparency and clip maps. A bit of old school technique.

Meni has a tute on his site that shows a similar way to achieve the effect. It's basically a lot of busy work.

that's quite alot of work, but time well spent:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.