PDA

View Full Version : i will write

uganin
01-24-2005, 06:11 AM
hi guys , i am a scrpt writter and will write any scene or somthing , just email me at ccorps2003@yahoo.com with the theme your going with and genre

polymath
01-24-2005, 11:53 AM
So no takers?

No takers on a writer who won't write correctly?

No offense, uganin, but it is in your better interest to write formally and correctly. Some would call it "being professional" but the idea is that --the way you write normally should reflect not only the quality of your work but also the effort you put into every aspect of your life. In most job interviews (and the like, ie when people look for employees), the first impression is always the most important.

Your writing, whether it is for a professional contract job or for a simple forum post, should show your personality, style, and respect to the craft. Keep in mind, that your forum post is naturally the first impression of you and most importantly, that first impressions are only the first of many "weeding out" processes.

Even if you had a perfect introduction for yourself and received requests for your work, work that isn't up to expectations (especially if you're unaware of that fact) will weigh you down and take you out of the game. But if you didn't have that perfect, clean, and appealing introduction, you wouldn't get that great job request in the first place.

I hope that helps, good luck in your search for the job.

PS: But in my experience, the best writers (even just plain good writers, or more generally anyone who loves writing) cannot stop dreaming up ideas to write down - often they must give up numerous ideas or write them down for years down the road in order to finish them - it would be in your best interest to write for yourself (for many reasons).

uganin
01-25-2005, 01:50 AM
aye , and that makes perfect sense , i call myself a decent writtier , execpt for some spelling errors and my comma attacks , realy , i love writting and i do write for myself for awhile but i diceded to take a break and write for other! whoohoo... so no takers on a writter who dosnt write correctly , well i never said i was perfect , and i love commas!! ,,,,,,,, :buttrock: so , even though i know it would help getting more requests ive i made a better intro , that just wouldnt be me , im not formal or cut and paste perfect , just in my opinion a decent writter ^.^ but if i dont get any request , well... i atleast got a reply ^.^

p.s. though writting that dosnt meet someones expectations would wiegh me down in the game , im not aiming to do alot of this , this is temp. maybe a few people with some stuff and do my best to write , then its back to writting for myself and my fans ^.^ though dont get the empression that im not realy guna get into writting for people who ask , i will , but after im done ,well, then im done unless the requester isnt satisfied , then its back to writting

p.p.s. i do have a realy short script that ends suddenly and stupidly for my friends first flash movie if anyone wants to see it il email it to them , like i said , its just short and stupidly funnyish , ^.^ and its not that i WONT write correctly , its just i didnt put any effort into it... peace out!

edit : and i havnt checked my email yet , becuase i clearly stated in my last post to email requests , so how do you know i dont have any takers :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.