PDA

View Full Version : blendShape/driven key on Import

craigs
01-24-2005, 05:57 AM
Doe's anyone know of a nifty technique to retain your driven keys on a blendshape, for example
I have a control rig, and a controller with set driven keys on for facials of a high res character, keeping
the controller in the scene, i want to delete the high res character for later re-importing, somehow keeping it's history, does that make sense..
Basically Im trying to control the facial expression of a high res character, through a node, but not have the high res in the scene till i need it for obvious reason, and want to avoid animation transfers..
thanks.
craigus

JohnPark
01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi Craigus,
Don't know if this is as nifty as you were hoping for, but one way to do this is to place an intermediate node between the output of your driven keys and the weight attributes of your blendshape node. This way your keys are driving a null's added attributes, which will stay in your scene. When you bring the hires mesh into your scene, connect the null's outputs to the blendshape's weight channels. For example:
Lo res scene: elbow.rz >> drives >> null.lump
Hi res scene: elbow.rz >> drives >> null.lump >> is connected to >> blendShape1.elbowLump

Is this what you were going for?
-JP

craigs
01-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks John, sort of, but without having to manually make the connections again when i've imported the hires, I think i see what your getting at, but I would still manually have to connect the driven keys to the weights of the blendshapes after importing the hi-res geo.

JohnPark
01-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Are you handy with MEL? You could make the connections by running a script or clicking a button. By naming your null's added attributes the same as the blendShape node's weight channels you can loop through making the connections with a string array pretty neatly. Otherwise, you can brute force it in your favorite text editor :)
Let me know if you want to know more about looping it in a script.
-JP

craigs
01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah thats what I've ended up doing pretty much..Thanks again.:thumbsup:

maya365
01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
thank u again!

JohnPark
01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
You bet!
-JP

CGTalk Moderation
01-26-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.