PDA

View Full Version : Race

Dynasty
01-24-2005, 01:02 AM
This is my first time posting a sketch of mine here. Im just 14 so i still got lots of things to learn and i decided to post this little shirt logo for a 5k race. The wheel on the top left corner is the companies logo so i decided to incorporate it into the logo as the sun. Did this in about 1 hour. C & C are most welcome.http://img188.exs.cx/img188/2518/running7mw.jpg

hjalmar
01-24-2005, 01:54 AM
its a good concept, but what is lacking i think is the force behind the person...right now they are really stiff and its hard to run like that...

if you want to make him look like hes REALLY running fast, have him leaning into the run, and driving himself forwards

jessart
01-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I agree, work on your lines of action. Even though the characters are running/flying, there is no movement to the scene.

KevinJM
01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey mate! for someone 14 years old your draw pretty well. I won`t give any c/c cause i`m sincerely impressed to see that you have achieve such a level at this age man.Please never give up.!! :eek: :eek: :applause:

Dynasty
01-25-2005, 01:19 AM
Yo guys thank you so much for replying i noticed what you're saying but right now i have no time to fix because i gatta turn in tomorrow morning to teacher. It's true that there's no possible way of running with that position but i'll have to go on with it. Yo dean im so happy you replied because i admire your art so much man. One thing i would like to know is if you guys know any tut of drawing muscles. Thanks guys I won't give up :buttrock:

Rudeone
01-25-2005, 01:46 AM
observation is the key my friend, dean080580 posted a link for you in his thread, you should check it out

Dynasty
01-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Ey man you encouraged me to post this work i made in class and its in my sketchbook so maybe the image aint at it's best quality... here it goes http://img184.exs.cx/img184/1096/lizbug16qv.jpg

jessart
01-25-2005, 04:56 AM
Dont worry too much about the initial quality, this is the WIP/critique forum after all :)

I really like the lizard, i see you started inking it and its looking good.
Keep it up, you can only get better with practice. :)

KevinJM
01-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Yo man,
well i like the lizard too. One thing that you should consider next time you make another composition is to always makes the viewers know on which part of the image you want them to focus. Here according to your image i can say that you wanted us to notice the lizard but the other items are a bit confusing so i tend to get lost a bit first and i`m not so sure if the lizard is the focal point of your image.What you can do next time is to add more detail to the item you want more attention and less detail to background if your composition is black and white ,then viewers will know what you wanna show first. Hope this helps. So, keep it up man.:thumbsup:

commodore
01-25-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm 13 BTW. The first image isn't enough detailed IMO.

KevinJM
01-25-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm 13 BTW. The first image isn't enough detailed IMO.

It`s not the amount of detail that makes a great image or a great composition.The main thing is when should you put the details, where you put it and how you put it.If you say that you think the first image hasn`t enough details then i would be glad if you could tell me what you mean by not enough detail and give some more explanations . Not just come here and say 'Isn`t enough detailed 'this is one of the worst comments and critics one can write here.And between us , let me tell you that: great artist are those who makes wonders with the little resources compared to the ones who needs too much resources.Remember that my friend.

KevinJM
01-25-2005, 12:46 PM
I`m sorry if i were a bit rude commodore.But some comments, if wrongly said might discourage others to persevere and i don`t like that.Hope you don`t take it badly mate.:)

makaron
01-25-2005, 12:53 PM
the lizard looks really good :) I sure hope that ya gonna color that one...

KevinJM
01-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Forgot to tell you that the insects are nice too:)

Dynasty
01-25-2005, 08:15 PM
yo guys thanks a lot and i do get what you're saying Dean..... Hopefully i learn little by little how to color in photoshop and soon ill color it when im on weekend. Right now im focusing on learning to draw and not to color in photoshop that much. I'll keep ya updated with my progress since ya'll encourage me so much :bounce: Oh and I almost forgot to tell you guys that the focus point is the lizard and this homework was suppose to be a combination of insects and animal together so that's why the lizard has the claw and the other right leg.

Dynasty
01-27-2005, 07:18 PM
well i just decided to change the concept of the race one since i got more time now and I put this bird race lol since its for memorial day and the egret of left is the companies logo.... and the eagle for USA hope u like :) http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2706/birdrace1qc.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.