PDA

View Full Version : Female character sketch

Lovliebutterfly
01-24-2005, 01:45 AM
This is a female character I sketched a while ago. It's not finished yet, got the hands to complete. I don't know if I'll color it yet or what I'm going to do with it. I'm not really making this for any particular project. It was just an inspiration. Crits and comments welcomed.

Eternally Mine
01-24-2005, 05:44 AM
I found it very pleasing to behold. I am not sure what exact direction you are going but I was thinking either braided ribbons or an indian type leather adornment in her hair weaved through to add realism,where it sweeps out at the sides. I found the face to be appealing all except the left side, something is just not right?

:hmm:

KevinJM
01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I agree with Eternally Mine about the left side of her face. Looks a bit weird.

KevinJM
01-24-2005, 09:04 PM
One more thing, what do you want to do with this sketch Lovliebutterfly? It looks nice.

Lovliebutterfly
01-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Thank you Eternally Mine and dean080580 for your critics. I really appreciate it! Yes, you are both right about the left side of her face. I think her left eye is on a too acute angle as compared to the right one. They are not levelled. I'll correct that. Thanks for the leather ribbons suggestions Eternally Mine. I'll make some research about how these are fixed to the hair, I'm not sure whether they are braided in the hair or if they hand loose, I don't know. I'll try to incorporate them. :)

I think I might use this sketch to practice painting in Painter. I've always used Photoshop and I would really like to know Painter. I need a deep breath to start learning this program. :D Don't know if painting a character for a first attempt in Painter is a good choice, but I might try. :shrug:

Suggestions most welcomed.

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.