PDA

View Full Version : Fanatic girls / pin-up

MKautto
01-23-2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.stman.com/kuvat/Huuto5_2.jpg

After couple monster ect pictures have to draw girls with big... swords :)
Don't know how hand with flag look now. It was very bad, but... well tell if i need to fix it or perhaps cut it off... And hairs of that blonde. Looks too much like a wig? and dark girls mouth is weird, if you don't see larger versio... and those bug eyes!
...and part666: boths girls fingers looks awful. Never learn how to draw hands or feets.

uh-oh... i need a break and try later again :)

MK

Lovliebutterfly
01-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I think you've got an interesting image there! The colors are nice and the girls seem very expressive. Apart from the fingers which do look a bit awkward, i think you have a nice style! Good work!

Ilikesoup
01-23-2005, 10:18 PM
It's a really nice picture. The colors are nicely balanced, and I don't see anything wrong with their hands. Only thing I'm confused about is why the blonde's pants are bulging like they do. If they're hanging off her hips, they should hang straight down.

sempernow
01-24-2005, 07:09 AM
nice image. I like both girls, I love the sword!:thumbsup:
As you said it there is an issue with the hands. The black girl lacks of a thumb, perhaps is there, but it is confusing. It shouldnt be hidden, it should be sticking out.
Anyhow, The black girls rules!:bounce:

Russta
01-24-2005, 10:36 AM
I like this image, good technique. I think the flag should be smaller and a different colour, the blondes hair is too clumpy, yes it does look like a wig, less spikes, more stray hairs, look at how real hair looks. The blondes ear (if it is supposed to be elfish like the black girls) should poke out through her hair. The black girls trousers are too dark, they don't look correct. As for their hands, you should have them linked fingers, it looks more natural, observ it in real life.
Other than that I wish i had the technique that you do, nice painting dood. looking forward to the final version.

PS It would be cool to have a riot going on in the background, a molotov cocktail going off, that would be cool!

Falcorr
01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, well, well! Look who appeared here.
Werent you supposed to be sick :rolleyes:

Does that blond girl have broken bicep?
Push the forms for better 3D feel. Enhance the lighting. Smooth out the coloring.
Improve clothing folds.

List could go on forever. Just kidding of course :thumbsup:

Now you have no excuse of running away from the next challenge :twisted:

skizzemann
01-24-2005, 04:51 PM
The problem with the blondes hair is she's looking up but the top of her head says she's looking down. Did a quick cut and paste to show what I mean don't know if I can attach it. Change the angle of her hair and that problem will be solved. Don't like where you chose to crop the blondes right hand. The piece is looking good just som minor tweeks

Ginsu
01-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Seperate the girls. Take out the flag from the girls hand and make it a fist and to fix the "wig" look, reduce the top height of the girls hair. The black girls mouth looks alright to me but if you want to fix it, just make it a little bit bigger and give her lips more of a flesh tone to her lips. Other than that, it would be perfect.

Squibbit
01-25-2005, 10:04 AM
thta string on de flag ain't strong enuff to withstand the mighty
winds of planet Khaburra!!

nice to see your art on the forums , dude :)

Nathellion
01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Awesome image. I agree with Falcor about the lighting/colors.

MKautto
01-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks to all for crits. I like draw details and sometime don't see big picture, but two elbows and angle of hairs... maybe im blind :banghead:.
Linked fingers looks more natural way to hold hands, like Russta said. I know that, but i was too lazy to find good reference... now i have to live with that version, because i'm too lazy to draw it again :)

New version:
Fingers looks better... not much, but still improvement.
New hairs for the blode, but still a wig.
Lots of useless details :)
Still dark pants and 1000+1 thing to fix...

http://www.stman.com/kuvat/Huuto6_3.jpg

Squibbit
01-28-2005, 10:14 PM
one thing to fix for me..the hand holding the flag..
whenever the arm is bent inwards the hand is usually
so too; now it seems that hand is bent outward and down.

not saying the hand couldn't be like that, it just looks now
it got a weak grip

that cold light bothers me also, maybe cause there's no background,
can't really tell

also the moth of the girl shouting ... the flag side of it shouldn't be
so drawn backward from the middle i think

otherwise, just one more great pic from u dude,
always waiting to see more :thumbsup:

Ginsu
01-29-2005, 07:27 PM
You mentionded all these problems and you didn't even fix 1 of them. Yet you worked so much on other parts.

MKautto
01-29-2005, 09:50 PM
You mentionded all these problems and you didn't even fix 1 of them. Yet you worked so much on other parts.

Must defend my self little bit :). I fixed hair, fingers and flag holders two elbows ect. Not perfect fixs, but improvement. My excuse is of course my laziness, but it's not so easy to fix those problems at this point. Should show pics lineart, before coloring phase.

Raļ's
01-31-2005, 12:43 PM
I think you should try to draw the fore arm of the right caracter behind one of the secon caracter.

MKautto
02-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Okey, thanks again all crits... but i think i'm ready to start new picture. All work and same pic makes St.Man a dull boy :)

Like to hear what you guys like it. I know there is people who don't know what to think when they see that "strange fog" in final picture, but I like it! :) Flag was too central part of whole picture.

http://www.stman.com/kuvat/Huuto7_big.jpg

flyingP
02-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Ok Squibbit put me onto this so blame him :D there's a few things IMO

1- that last picture looks really washed out, not quite sure what you're trying to achieve there just doesn't seem to be working

2- the breasts on the darker girl, look to be in a different perspective to the rest of her body

3- the hands they're holding do look odd

4- someone actually mentioned seperating th girls, I tend to agree, I find the blonds pose shouting and holding up the flag in one hand and holding the darker girls hand in the other odd.... that hand holding kills the dynamic IMO

5- the blonds right hand also looks odd....as if there are different perspectives at work there

6- it may be the pants or the red slip but the blonds pelvic area also looks elongated

hope the critic isn't too hard these are just the things that I've noticed, like I said blame Squibbit, he made me do it

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.