PDA

View Full Version : Scary Head WIP need help with direction

Russta
01-23-2005, 08:04 PM
hi, ive been reading american psycho and started drawing a normal face for practice, and this is what came from my hand! I freaked myself out a little, but i think this could turn into a really cool pic. C & C would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone has a suggestion for a direction of this image, a cool idea or whatever that would be cool! thanks

http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64275&stc=1

Eternally Mine
01-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Well personally I think its a wonderful start. Franstein comes to mind. Why not add some blood and more fleshy color, with maybe his veins enlarging as he streches the confines of his stiches to add realism. I am sorry my spelling is horriable. I am saying think of frankenstein but curve your mind to a more gruesome array.:thumbsup:

Russta
01-24-2005, 11:24 AM
yeah, i was thinking of some blood leaking from the holes! Veins is a good idea. Im going to render it better with finer brush strokes so it looks better at a bigger size. What about a scene, i had an idea like a head on a spike, but i dont like that idea, i'd prefer something more like it being alive... need to think.

Also if anyone has any tips on painting style to make it look smoother, although i like the obviously painted stlye, but i would prefer it to be a smooth cleanly rendered image. Anyone have any tips?

Rudeone
01-24-2005, 12:46 PM
How about a kind of Resident Evil scene?, big accident in a secret sciencelab, blood and gore all over the place and this freak (who was this frankestein like experiment) staggering towards the viewer or maybe some characters who were send there to ivestigate not knowing they are entering hell (like RE).

When you run into a monster like that you'd be absolutly terrified, but I can see some kind of gentleness in it, like he's looking for help and means you no harm, but ofcourse you'd be scared to death, reach for your handgun (you'd asume an investigation team would carry weapons) and empty a whole clip in the poor creature.

It's just a suggestion, but I think a scene like that would be cool

Russta
01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
wow thanks Rudeone, you really painted the picture with words! That is a fantastic idea, i may go ahead and work on something like that.

Russta
01-24-2005, 10:05 PM
This is the finished head. just updating before i go on to make a start on the rest of the scene. anyone have any suggestions? personally i think the blood hides the stings a bit, is it still obvious that the strings are still there? also do you think the colour of the blood is ok, not too dark?
cheers
Russ

Russta
01-31-2005, 04:04 PM
hi, i've decided to keep this thread going through the development of this piece.

The latest update, i've darkened behind the strings on his face a bit to bring them out a bit more, and ive added the body. Its still not finished, but i'm going to make a start on the rest of the scene before i come back to it. c&c very much welcome.

CGTalk Moderation
01-31-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.